Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Aygo

rodzRX7

hey guys...

went out to the AYGO this morn and this is what a found...

aygowet.jpg

not what you would expect for a brand new car with less a 1000 miles on it :angry::angry:

I have had a look around this site, and it seems like its a bit of a common problem with the aygo.

car is booked in 1st thing 2m morn so they can have a look at it..

for you ppl that have had this.. how long it take to fix? are they good with it or try too fob you off and give you the run around

Oh am new on here to..

cheers for any help ppl

sean

Hi

When my Aygo leaked - simular to yours:

Took them a week to find the leak - door seals, Replace the seals and new carpet as well as drying the car out.

But it only took this long as they had ordered the wrong parts for the car!

They replace the seals and added a strip above them as well.

James

ok cool..

take this is all covered by the wrranty as well...

cont come at a worst time ment to be going south for a wedding on wen till sunday.. oh well curtesy car for me then

cheers

ok cool..

take this is all covered by the wrranty as well...

cont come at a worst time ment to be going south for a wedding on wen till sunday.. oh well curtesy car for me then

cheers

Hi There.

Just wondering......

Was the Aygo parked at an angle?

eg. Steep uphill or steep downhill?

Wheels on a kerb or not?

Cheers.

Ian.

Oh my Lord! :o

I feel for you. especially if its a new car. Is it just the drivers side, or is it alos in the passenger well? How is the car parked, on a camber on the road, on a slant? Do you drive a 3 door or 5 door?

Im one of the fortunate Aygo owners that doesnt have a Aygo that leaks.

I hope you get this sorted.

hey guys...

went out to the AYGO this morn and this is what a found...

aygowet.jpg

not what you would expect for a brand new car with less a 1000 miles on it :angry::angry:

Brand new car with only 1000 miles on it? That’s the first ‘Aygo leak’ photo I’ve seen, unbelievable. When owners mention ‘leak’ I was expecting a few drops here and there. Looks like a window or sunroof has been left open.

Shocking :(

That would need new carpet as it will stink after a while and will probably never dry out properly if the leaks aren’t fixed 100%

Best of luck...

That is indeed the worst I've seen. Ours was a few drops, but building up over time to produce a damp carpet.

New door seals including additional rubber 'gutters' at top of door, new speaker seals, new carpet. Expect nothing less. It's a day's work. We had to wait a couple of days for the parts to arrive.

easyer to take a pic of where it is parked.. as you can see is allmost flat

IMG_0415.jpg

its jsut the drivers side as well... think with it been a new carpet the water sat on top its now all soked into the carpet... right mess :angry:

any way been to toyota this morning with the picture they where a bit shocked, but the wonam did say is a problem with some aygos and said will need new seals etc etc.. also said they will prob put new carpet in because it will smell when drys.. so car is booked in for as long as it takes but have a courtsy car while they do the work needed... but they did say will have to pay insurance for the courtsy car.. now should i because its there fault and why should i be out of pocket... yes / no ???

any way will keep you updated as it gos...

Well, mine has been back for a few days now and there were some SERIOUS storms here over the weekend, and all seems well. No more leaks hopefully!

Weird! :o :o

You`re right. The car its almost elevel. Have no idea where all that water comes from. I think you need bigger sea defences mate! :rolleyes:

easyer to take a pic of where it is parked.. as you can see is allmost flat

IMG_0415.jpg

its jsut the drivers side as well... think with it been a new carpet the water sat on top its now all soked into the carpet... right mess :angry:

any way been to toyota this morning with the picture they where a bit shocked, but the wonam did say is a problem with some aygos and said will need new seals etc etc.. also said they will prob put new carpet in because it will smell when drys.. so car is booked in for as long as it takes but have a courtsy car while they do the work needed... but they did say will have to pay insurance for the courtsy car.. now should i because its there fault and why should i be out of pocket... yes / no ???

any way will keep you updated as it gos...

No - you should not be out of pocket

well thats her gone in this morning should have her back on monday.. dint have to pay for insurace i highlighted it was there mess up with the car not mine

got a Auris T3 as the cuorsty car.. dont know any thing about or much about toyota's to be fair..

Eeek! I think i would cry if this happened to mine. Hope u get it sorted!

ive just had the exact same thing happen to mine 2 days running :(,

took it to local garage and they were not sure were it was coming from,

will go to lindop toyota soon

The Aygo was having a wash when I noticed drips of water coming through the driver door. It definitely wasn't as bad as having a wet carpet. The garage has replaced the door seal all under warranty yesterday.

well got the aygo back with new

door seals

speaker membrain

boot gutter rubber

and a new carpet

all done no probs

all happy again