Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis Auto Locking Doors

woodchipper

JUST TOOK DELIVERY OF A T4 TOURER AND BEEN TRYING TO TURN OF THE AUTO LOCKING DOORS,FOLLOWED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE HANDBOOK

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK ,NOT UNLESS I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.OR IS IT GOT TO BE DONE BY TOYOTA.

I managed to do this following the instruction in the manual.... try all combinations and keep at it as it does work :yes: .......... eventually :lol:

• Like 1

Yoy have to go back to the dealer. They need to connect the computer to it to remove the function. Done it myself to my car. And if you disconnect the Battery afterwards, it go back to autolocking the doors.

Yoy have to go back to the dealer. They need to connect the computer to it to remove the function. Done it myself to my car. And if you disconnect the battery afterwards, it go back to autolocking the doors.

I disagree.... this is a DIY job that does not have to go back to the dealer.... I appreciate that if the Battery is disconnected then it is most likely to return to the default setting but then you can do the reset for a second time :yes: Why put money into the pockets of the dealers if you can do the job yourself :huh:

I managed to do this following the instruction in the manual.... try all combinations and keep at it as it does work :yes: .......... eventually :lol:

thanks for replying i will try again and see if it works.

Yoy have to go back to the dealer. They need to connect the computer to it to remove the function. Done it myself to my car. And if you disconnect the battery afterwards, it go back to autolocking the doors.

I disagree.... this is a DIY job that does not have to go back to the dealer.... I appreciate that if the Battery is disconnected then it is most likely to return to the default setting but then you can do the reset for a second time :yes: Why put money into the pockets of the dealers if you can do the job yourself :huh:

You can disagree all you want, but I have tried what the instruction manual said, this didn't work. Talked to my dealer, they had to do it they said, and they were right.

You can disagree all you want, but I have tried what the instruction manual said, this didn't work. Talked to my dealer, they had to do it they said, and they were right.

Sorry my friend I will continue to disagree.... I read my manual and did the reset myself.... yes I did it. But I am pleased that your dealer did your car free of charge :)

Sorry my friend I will continue to disagree.... I read my manual and did the reset myself.... yes I did it. But I am pleased that your dealer did your car free of charge :)

I agree with Phoenix on this one !! I went through the procedure as stated in the manual it did not work first time but did the 2nd time .

spent 2 hours yesterday afternoon and guess what i got it to work.

thanks for all your help.

spent 2 hours yesterday afternoon and guess what i got it to work.

thanks for all your help.

Nice one and I am pleased it worked for you.... as proven here the procedure is something of a pain but with persistence it can be made to work :thumbsup:

Thats nice! I gave up much earlier. I think it should work first time I tried.

Had to wire my new tuning box on the Battery and was afraid to disconnect it while I did it because of the lock. Now I know someone else worked it out.

I think it depends on the year of your car. In the manual of my 2001 Avensis it says it's a dealer job to enable/disable the autolock. (It's disabled on mine)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links