Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Fascia

Chappers

Recently fitted a Alpine Headunit (recent being 2 years ago!) Cut the fascia panel to fit it, now i want to sell the slag and she's left with a gaping hole. Eeek :blink:

Hi

Why not just leave headunit in or fit same sized cheaper one. Got to be a lot cheaper than fitting new facia. Different colour plastics in different models.

Si

Mmmmmmmm maybe, surely a fascia gonna be cheaper than a new headunit, the fact that it'll all be standard again will help tho.

N e 1?

:blink:

I had to cut mine to get the headunit in also, it just would not go in any other way... some people have to do this, others don't.

I'd like to know exactly why this is the case!

anyone with more info on this fascia thing please post as it's important for me to be able to change the car back to stock come summer when the car is up for sale.

sam

hang on, did you cut the grey outside bit or the blank inside bit

sam

is it due.....possible just to the front of the headunit, obviously they arnt all the same shape and size?

I had 2 remove the black coin holder, then cut the fascia panel ('the grey outside bit!)

I thought all headunits were standard size, apart from dbl din obviously.

No matter how much i forced it, it would go in, i even tried using lube!!! :D (ok im joking now!)

It seems alot of people could do with an aftermarket fascia, i know autoleads don't do them yet............

youll find most ppl actuall take out the OE unit and put the new one in from the back

i had to do exactly the same as Chappers, there was no other feasible way to do it m8, it must be the size of the headunit.

There MUST be a firm that sells fascias for the yaris... surely? lol

(You got my back Yarisboy!)

Fitting the unit from the back meant that i was about 20-25mm away from a flush fit, it looked worse than it does now! Plus, i could operate the tilt mechanism on the unit.

Its an Alpine CDA 9812RB

And i cant work out how to put the image up!

mAGIC :hokus-pokus:

Ok just never experienced that dilemma meself :thumbsup:

Sam - as far as i know there is a facia adaptor available but its US and for the echo?? looks as tho is for the hatch as i saw a picture of it (the one with the boot has a slightly different dash)

There aint one in this country yet :( although autoleads are constantly rumored to be developing one.

I have seen custom jobs done aswell, i think RFVitz has one?

i had to do exactly the same as Chappers, there was no other feasible way to do it m8, it must be the size of the headunit.

There MUST be a firm that sells fascias for the yaris... surely? lol

Toyota

Toyota did apparntly do one as my ICE shop told me about it but you got a big back of bits and it cost about 75quid! but you cant get them anymore unless it comes from japan, i think?

i could get one from toyota vmail but then i don't want to pay £6,000,000 for an authentic piece of toyota plastic.

cheers jaxx, any other sensible suggestions anyone? (preferably no more from vmail! :lol: )

sam

you want a toyota part, best place would be from toyota, yeah i know about the cost, what about from another vehicle either tax it or goto the scarp yard

i could get one from toyota vmail but then i don't want to pay £6,000,000 for an authentic piece of toyota plastic.

yeah granted on that one sam!

Seems like i hit nerve with the fascia dilema then!

I heard 'rumours' of autoleads doing a fascia about 2years back, when i phoned the 'ba :censor: ds!

'Echo' did u say? Ill check up on that and keep u lot posted.

Looks all a bit hide and seek to me :ph34r:

Righty then, Ive sourced a Fascia Adaptor kit for the 'Echo' from the us. Looks pretty good, cost me just over £11 incl handling packing etc. Sorted.

Once delivered and all, ill post a foto or summat.

Ciao

:thumbsup:

Hmm... for the record my Pioneer DEH-P9300R went straight in, fits flush, the motorised face has plenty of room to do it's thing too... :P :bye:

Righty then, Ive sourced a Fascia Adaptor kit for the 'Echo' from the us. Looks pretty good, cost me just over £11 incl handling packing etc. Sorted.

Once delivered and all, ill post a foto or summat.

Ciao

:thumbsup:

cool!

got a link form where it came from?

F :censor: k it :crybaby: , ive emailed Toyota for the Type A part, sourced an adaptor for £11, will all fit pukka, no useless toyota cd player lurking around, and the headunit surround will fit too.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=post&id=25228&

Perfectionists will say 'yes', others, say 'no'

What u think?

:thumbsup: yes!

Still waiting!

Whilst this topic is still up, ne1 with an aftermarket headunit - do us and others a favour and send a piccie. Just so I and others can see various headunits and ice uve got (if that makes sense!)

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links