Do Not Sell My Personal Information

She's Dead....

dailey87

As some of you may remember i was having trouble with my cts not engaging lift.

Well today it got a whole lot worse and it died on me. :(

Went off to be fixed on the back of a recovery truck. Gutted since it was booked in to be fixed tomorrow so has cost me £120 more in recovery.

And there was me thinking toyotas were reliable ;) :rolleyes:

Went off to be fixed on the back of a recovery truck. Gutted since it was booked in to be fixed tomorrow so has cost me £120 more in recovery.

sorry to hear about your car man!

i know this is a kinda newbie question but what exactly is 'lift' been meaning to ask for a while now.

Cheers,

Chris

sorry to hear about your car man!

i know this is a kinda newbie question but what exactly is 'lift' been meaning to ask for a while now.

Cheers,

Chris

its when the second cam profile engages (like the honda's vetc) the car then starts to scream and picks up some what

Sorry to hear your news Dailey87! Can I ask a bit about your car, age, mileage? Any other issues before lift stopped engaging? Hope you get an update from the garage soon!

Sorry to hear your news Dailey87! Can I ask a bit about your car, age, mileage? Any other issues before lift stopped engaging? Hope you get an update from the garage soon!

52 on 65k. Just before i had noticed a slight dip in power at about 7000-7500 but i hadn't really put two and two together. May have been connected now i think about it but i didn't really get chance to check it out because lift went in the same journey.

did you know what was wrong or was it just booked in to be checked/fixed, could it not have been toed to save a few quid, well at least you will have her running well again, iam driving around in mine not knowing whats wrong and nobody else knowing either :angry:

did you know what was wrong or was it just booked in to be checked/fixed, could it not have been toed to save a few quid, well at least you will have her running well again, iam driving around in mine not knowing whats wrong and nobody else knowing either :angry:

The cams were worn and were being replaced. Lift had gone a couple of weeks earlier due to the cams and rockers failing. I didn't know who could have towed it tbh. My mates who's cars would have managed it have all gone home for xmas and the 'rents have an audi A4 quattro TDI that could have done it but the clutch went a few days ago.

Had an update about my car today. It's lost compression in cyl 3 i think some of a broken rocker has ended up falling off and bending a valve :(. I hope it's not quite that bad but always best to get the money ready for the worst case when it comes to these things.

The cams were worn and were being replaced. Lift had gone a couple of weeks earlier due to the cams and rockers failing. I didn't know who could have towed it tbh. My mates who's cars would have managed it have all gone home for xmas and the 'rents have an audi A4 quattro TDI that could have done it but the clutch went a few days ago.

Had an update about my car today. It's lost compression in cyl 3 i think some of a broken rocker has ended up falling off and bending a valve :(. I hope it's not quite that bad but always best to get the money ready for the worst case when it comes to these things.

Sounds like you've run into a very deep pile of automotive ******* there!

I wish you the best in getting this all sorted, and for a decent price... :unsure: ;)

Hi Dailey87,

I too am getting an issue with lift. Mine runs lumpy at about 7000rpm. see my thread: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=104848

I've included some pics of my cams etc. I hope mine isn't going to break down. I better get checking cam wear and compression etc

Mine is on 56k miles