Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Soaking Mat's & Carpets

dave.m

With all this snow I'm carrying into my Rav, the mats and carpet are soaking and turning to ice overnight.

Removed the mats and stuck cardboard in to try and soak it up from the carpet. I have been wondering if it

would be better to fit the floor tray type mats for winter and keep the carpet mats good for summer (too late

now of course :rolleyes: ) Anyone tried this type ? (see link) -

http://www.formula4.co.uk/4x4accessories-v...4_mud_mats.html

With all this snow I'm carrying into my Rav, the mats and carpet are soaking and turning to ice overnight.

Removed the mats and stuck cardboard in to try and soak it up from the carpet. I have been wondering if it

would be better to fit the floor tray type mats for winter and keep the carpet mats good for summer (too late

now of course :rolleyes: ) Anyone tried this type ? (see link) -

http://www.formula4.co.uk/4x4accessories-v...4_mud_mats.html

Had similar in 3 Volvos and worked brilliantly - just tipped the water out. Carpets as good as new after 100K miles.

I tend to be a bit lazy and just jump in. After the heater has picked up a bit, I divert the heat from the screen/feet that it seems to settle into and force it to my feet because I don't like warm air in my face and it seems to dry the mats out OK. I use Autoglym interior cleaner on my mats evry time I wash the car and they look like new.

However, if you have big boots that are dumping loads of snow, mayby the trays are the answer???

I tend to be a bit lazy and just jump in. After the heater has picked up a bit, I divert the heat from the screen/feet that it seems to settle into and force it to my feet because I don't like warm air in my face and it seems to dry the mats out OK. I use Autoglym interior cleaner on my mats evry time I wash the car and they look like new.

However, if you have big boots that are dumping loads of snow, mayby the trays are the answer???

Look a good Idea, just a bit concerned that they say UNIVERSAL, the toyota O/E carpet mats are a pretty unique shape, Do MrT do tailored rubber mats :unsure: Maybe Kingo knows :thumbsup:

Found these.. http://www.tailored-carmats.co.uk/toyota/s...d-car-mats.html

Do MrT do tailored rubber mats :unsure: Maybe Kingo knows :thumbsup:

:yes:

shineymat.jpg

I've never really got on with carpet mats, but I think I'm in the minority. The lip on the Toyota ones is nothing like the ones Dave highlighted, but no soaking carpets.

I leave a heater in the cars overnight to give them a good dry oot - and they automatically switch off when the street lights go out.... good eh? (joking) I find a small fan heater on low heat helps to dry it oot. Wur portacabins got flooded last week by burst frozen/thawed/frozen pipes and despite loads of heat, its like tramping along Blackpool beach!! Drill some holes in the floor to improve ventilation but I wouldn't do that to a RAV! Number 1 RAV went into the Garage today as the dipped lights fused and theres a fault on one of the brake sensors - probably too m uch snow. Number 2 RAV is now back with another gearbox so the speedo now works accurately.....

and they automatically switch off when the street lights go out....

:D

Had similar in 3 Volvos and worked brilliantly - just tipped the water out. Carpets as good as new after 100K miles.

Yep, had a couple of Volvo's myself and that's the type I was thinking of, great for containing dirt etc. :thumbsup:

Stew, well spotted with the "universal" bit, just phoned them up to check and they are indeed universal. So that's

NFU and back to the drawing board again I guess. :rolleyes:

SHCM's look good maybe have a word with Kingo :thumbsup:

Rubber mats are standard on Norwegian cars... so are heated seats. I would not want to have carpet mats at all, at least not in the winter time.

Not wanting to get my Toyota mats dirty-sad, I bought some fully tailored (to Rav 4.3) Cannon Rubber mats on eBay.

V good quality, being thick rubber and fit perfectly. Perfect for the snow.

Regards

I have the genuine Toyota Yaris carpet mats which are covered by rubber mats from Aldi I bought 6 years ago. They are still good as new, the carpet mats underneath are dry and clean, the rubber mats only cost £5 for the four and they are outstanding quality.

Personally I prefer rubber mats, they are easy to keep clean and look like new when they are, they keep the carpets mats below them dry (and clean) and don’t wear out :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

Had a look on Rav4 world as well, these are available in the UK but dont fit RHD cars :rolleyes: and as for the price :eek:

Allthough they do look good -

http://www.americanvehicleparts.co.uk/car_...W44072_2d1_2d2T

As do these but again not for RHD -

http://www.americanvehicleparts.co.uk/car_...l#aWW81GRW20GRT

How about these Dave?

LINK

They are "tailored" but don't have the lip though - seem to simply have been cut to fit from a larger mat.

• 2 weeks later...
I've never really got on with carpet mats, but I think I'm in the minority.

You might be in a minority but you ain't alone. Carpet mats for a 4WD? As this RAVs previous owner was wont to say as she had someone else wash it: 'How suburban'

I'll get my coat........ :!Removed!:

Mike D

Do MrT do tailored rubber mats :unsure: Maybe Kingo knows :thumbsup:

:yes:

shineymat.jpg

I've never really got on with carpet mats, but I think I'm in the minority. The lip on the Toyota ones is nothing like the ones Dave highlighted, but no soaking carpets.

i used to use the same originals in rainy season (autumn/winter/earl spring) but also have a fabric made for summer time.

cheers/Igor

For whatever reason, MrT has stopped doing the rubber mats :(

butb as far as i know each new rav is provided with rubber mats only

cheers

If you go here:

http://newata.toyota-europe.com/

and fill in all the details (don't think I can give you a direct link, as I don't think it will work - It sets some cookies etc)

For a full set of RHD mats you get:

PZ414-X2356-RJ (old part number PZ414-X2353-RJ) - Available from Jan 2006, for 4.3. Perhaps these are now discontinued?

and

PZ49L-X0354-RJ - Available from June 2009 for both 4.3 and 4.3.5.

Perhaps that is not completely up to date. We need Kingo with the full SP!

Wasn't there some trouble with Toyota over mats sliding forwards in the US a few months ago? :unsure:

Hmmmm, think we definately need some clarifaction on this from Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links