Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mmt?

pstones578

Another innovation for the new Yaris is Multi-mode Manual Transmission (MMT). Available only as an option with the 1.0-litre petrol engine, it offers the choice of two driving modes: Automatic (E) and Manual (M). Selecting M mode, the driver can enjoy a more dynamic driving experience with clutchless manual gear selection. In E mode the gear changes are fully automatic.

MMT’s electronic sensors and ‘drive-by-wire’ throttle permit optimum gear selection at all times. This means the car is more fuel efficient in automatic mode than the 1.0-litre model with conventional manual transmission.

Some info that i took from this page

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Basicially it is the same as the Coras's Easytronic, it's a manual gearbox but has a computer controlled clutch so there is no need for a clutch pedal. Personally I still prefer a proper auto because these systems work well but the gear changes are a bit slow.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just bougtht a 2001 1.0 litre free-tronic silver Yaris. Picking it up this week-end. Haven't seen many for sale and when I asked a local Toyota garage about them, they told me that they were upgraded to the new MMT box because there were so many problems with the free-tronic. Personally I like this box - it's more fun to drive than a fully automatic. Any views from anyone?