Do Not Sell My Personal Information

15,000km Servicing

yannick

Right, it's time to get the first servicing for my car (15,000km), it's even a little overdue :(

How much has it cost others? I have a 1.8l petrol. A friend of mine with a D4D it cost him over €200, mainly for the oil, which he was charged an extortionate rate for. :ffs:

My 2L SR is in for its 50k service as i type this and am told its gonna cost just under £100 thats incl bleeding the brakes at my request and a new front fog light bulb, next service at 60k will be just under £200 not sure what this incl?

That sounds better. I'll take it into my local dealer this week, but if they also charge huge amounts for the oil then I'll go back to Italy where I bought the car.

I must say that dealers must be getting desparate. Servicing for the new Avensis is once every 30,000km, and an oil change every 15,000km - so their revenues must be getting slim :lol:

Yannick,

I'm just going to get my first service on an new 1.8 avensis. Been quoted £110 which I'm a bit startled at, as when I brought the car I was told the first service woudl be £80. Thats salesman for you I guess!!!

rundown of my service

this was 50k intermediate service

labour...£44

oil.......£19.46 .....castrol magnatec

filter....£7.78

ruber drain bung...£0.76

screen wash....£0.89

fog lamp bulb..£4.76

fuel treatment..£9.95

parts total £24.14

labour total £44.00

other total (oil) £19.46

net total 87.60

V.A.T £15.33

FULL TOTAL £102.93 :bookworm:

they might reccomend some better oil for the new engine than magnatec (i remember my guy use softec plus - around 40% more expensive Castrol oil), which is why they would charge slightly more (its 7 Euro per liter)... Oil filter price should be the same as on old Avensis, so it shouldnt be much. If you come to our place in Bosnia it would come out to around 50 Euros for that 15k check - then again it might be a long trip

:group-cuddles:

Are you sitting down? Good. My friend was charged by the Toyota dealer in Cannes €15.00 per litre. :eek: :ffs:

My servicing was much more reasonable than my friends: €140 or thereabouts. It's still over €60 of labour for an hour's work!

I've just bought an Avensis 3 days ago I was told the second service is more expensive over £200. Make sure yours is not under warranty if you must have it serviced at a Toyota dealer or you will lose your warranty. I've just had my wifes Nissan Micra second service that cost £220 the same at most Nissan garages compare the size between that and a Avensis.