Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

matt_hillyard

I went to an audio shop today and they were saying that to fit front Speakers in the seo that made any difference to the sound i would have to cut the doors!!! Well make the holes for the Speakers bigger anyway.

Has anyone done this? and if so was it hard?

Cheers

you dont need to do anything. OEM Speakers generally are paper coned "edison recorded sound" stone age type affairs.

you can replace them with identically sized Speakers and get a much crisper sound. it depends on how much more sound you need.

if your not too fussed, then get yourself 51/4" replacements. summin like Kenwood Dual Mags for a nice thin cone design to fit in nicely into the stock hole.

if you want to crank it so loud that with a Sub, the earth moves. your better off upgrading perhaps to 6.5" Speakers. for this, you could make the holes bigger in the door. or do what i did and make a MDF baffle which is secured onto the front of the door card, and pulls the bigger speakers forward enabling them to slot into the OEM hole.

i posted pic AGES ago of this. but have no idea where they might be.

queue Simon to the rescue ;)

hope this helps

i posted pic AGES ago of this. but have no idea where they might be.

queue Simon to the rescue ;)

:D

I'd imagine the pics got lost in 'The Big Crash Of '03' :rolleyes:

What size are the standard rears & front's on the Seo? I did know but I've completely forgotten!

6.5 standard in the rears, i did the same thing as yellow in the front, 2 pieces of wood cut into polo shapes, then screww the Speakers through the wood and onto the door.

'The Big Crash Of '03'

FEAR THE CRASH!!!!

Standards are 4" front 6.5" rears

I upgraded the paper cones to 2 way 4" Pioneer Speakers with an Injection moulded poly-proplene cone and it's noticeable crisper. If you still want to have the huge watt bass, I got watt protectors for the fronts an rears(I replaced them w/ Pioneer 3 ways) and they cut off the power to the bass cone except for the frequencies that aren't covered by the woofer. that way i can crank up the bass to 400W without blowing my smaller Speakers.

Basically, upgrading to anything other than paper cones will improve the sound quality.

actually matt, i got a set of components that i had in the seo for a while, but took em out to put in the scoob. never got round to it, as i bought some other ones to go in the scoob...

let me know if your interested mate. pm me.

Where abouts you from?Could give you a hand!

But get a set of components in the front theres nothing better!

Where is who, me? I'm in the states, so i can't really help. It's really not hard though. Just cut a couple wires and tie them back together, then wind some electrical tape around it. Done.

yeah, my Pioneers came with them. I would recommend pioneer to anyone who wants speaker upgrades. everyone who rides in my seo say they can't believe the clarity of my music. I say thank you.

No not pioneers they arent the best for sound or value for money,guess it depends on ur budget etc but i have some vibe ones and they both kick and are perfect for SQ,others i would recommend are infinities and the focal! :thumbsup:

if ya got £400 burning in your pocket. get some Boston Pro 6.5's like mine ;)

Infinities are VERY good value for money. the tweeters have been known to be a bit on the bright side too.

Focals are another good brand.

The New 2004 Rockford Fosgate gear is lining up to be something special too ;)

i can recommend alpine type r's if your on a reasonable budget - approx 160 for the set

No not pioneers

Um, excuse me? That was kind of harsh. I'm perfectly happy with my Pioneers, as they work marvelously, and I don't appreciate someone telling me they're not good.

Think what you want, just don't go posting others about how crappy their system is. I'm a college student on a budget, but even if I had more money, I don't think I'd go with anything but Pioneer. IMO they're the best.

now now, play nice.

both comments are only opinions, no need for the handbags and gladrags ;)

Handbags and dawn!!!! :P :D

I just got given some 6.5inch sony Speakers so i think that i will fit them as they have hardly been used!!!! :D

I think the mdf raiser trick will work a treat for this one. Thank you everyone for your help!!! :arrgg-matey:

:thumbsup:

No not pioneers

Um, excuse me? That was kind of harsh. I'm perfectly happy with my Pioneers, as they work marvelously, and I don't appreciate someone telling me they're not good.

Think what you want, just don't go posting others about how crappy their system is. I'm a college student on a budget, but even if I had more money, I don't think I'd go with anything but Pioneer. IMO they're the best.

sorry mate didnt mean to slate you was just stating my opinion sorry you took it the wrong way!Maybe they work really well and im happy for you but after reading many reviews and friends having them i dont find them as good as some others in the same price range,but your welcome to your opinion same as i am to mine!

Sorry for any confusion :thumbsup:

No not pioneers

sorry mate didnt mean to slate you was just stating my opinion sorry you took it the wrong way!Maybe they work really well and im happy for you but after reading many reviews and friends having them i dont find them as good as some others in the same price range,but your welcome to your opinion same as i am to mine!

Sorry for any confusion :thumbsup:

No worries m8. I had had a bad day with gf, you know how that goes. Just wasn't in the mood for attitude. Sorry I took you the wrong way. I've read reviews that say the same thing, but I and a couple of friends have had nothing but great quality from our Pioneers.

Geocool's right, to each their own. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links