Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatics

brimar

Hi, Having only ever driven autos, I think they are great. Especialy Japanese autos. :thumbsup: Hardly ever go wrong. :ph34r:

Mines an Auto with 162000 miles on the clock and the only thing ive had to do is top up the automatic transmition fluid.

How good they are depends on the gearing ratio. oviously cars will differ :thumbsup:

i own a japanese auto... very smooth changes.

wont go back to manual... and as for those who say manual is more "fun" to drive...hmmm i think the "fun" of changing gears kinda ends after the first year of driving.

not tryin to offend anyone, but why are manual cars so popular anyway? we can put ppl on the moon yet we have to change the gears of our cars ourself? hmm...

if its for performance, then yes... go ahead, get a manual cos they're better for racing/performance.

but if its a comfort vehicle, definately automatic.

cheers!

:D Thanks for your replies. I have just ordered a 1300 Spirit automatic. The test drive was really good. I tried a 1L MMT but was not too impressed. There was too much of a delay changing from one gear to the next.

Thanks again

Brian :thumbsup:

gotta disagree, i totally detest autos! im all bum over tit when i get in one! lose the plot completely! give me a manny any day!

There is another side to the argument. Driving must be so much more boring driving an automatic. At least in a manual you get to play a little.

Sure, in low performance cars (1l and 1.1l) it really doesnt matter, but the "faster" cars are much more fun when its manual.

However, if it has tip tronic it probably isn't as bad - but still no fun with the clutch. And tiptronics are still slower then either you or me.

Just my 2p.

I drive a Manual and I'm proud of it...especially as you can get great acceleration out of it when you need to compared to what an auto gives..