Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dismantling The Dashboard - How?

YarisTS_Germany

Hey there....

Due to the current mod I am working on (dvd video system with built in dash tft flat panel display) I need to dismantle the upper part of the dashboard.... that's the big piece that goes all over from left to right... but how the hell do I get that off?? Well, I figured out, that it's like most of the cockpit mounted with simple clips and a few screws (where those Speakers are) but it seems to hang at the area where the airbag seems to be. I've tried everything but it just won't go off! Does anyone of you guys know how to??

I'd be very thankful.... cuz the hardware will arrive tomorrow and I gotta check that out :D

Greetings from windy and rainy Germany,

Oli

pull of very left and right knobs for air direction and heat settin on dash, unscrew the screws

No, I don't mean that one.... This is simple... I mean that BIG part.... where the airbag is in, the vent for the windshield blower etc.

Take a look at this pic.... I mean that part which is NOT silver (but black)

beleuchtung01.jpg

Hi

You'll need to remove the screws (14mm head) that hold the passenger airbag in. It must be disconnected (to do this, disconnect Battery for 10 mins) and remove yellow connector on airbag.

The screws are located up under the glovebox. The airbag will now lift out with the dash top. BE CAREFUL WITH AIRBAG!! Do not re-connect Battery until airbag is bolted and fitted back in place. Fault codes will be stored in system if the Battery is re-connected before the airbag is back in place.

:thumbsup:

Cool!! Thanks mate! I hope I won't f*** that thing up :D :D How do I get to the airbag screws? Do I have to dismantle the glovebox? I know how to get the lower part out but what about the upper one? How can I do that?

Thanks a lot...

Oli

Drop the bigger glove box out and look up, the air bag is bolted to the cross member the yellow connector for the airbag is also located there .No need to take top glovebox out as it comes out with dash top. :thumbsup:

I think there are 2 screws hidden under the door seals