Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Japanese Or French

Yarisboy

the vin number would be able to distinguish it

If its made from Japan then it would begin with J...

Ones made in France, the vin number begins with V...

Kenny!

Perhaps you should just ask it and if it replies in French then you know its a Frenchie and same for Japanese! Simple logic mate! :D

Actually mine has a "Made in France" sticker on the top left of the windscreen...

Perhaps mine is made in France then? :D

Should I ask her just incase though? :D :D :D

I just asked - she said....

Je suis une voiture française vous femme stupide

Perhaps shes Japanese then cause she aint speakin any language I understand! :D :D :D

mine has a little sticker on the inside on drivers side, facing outwards saying made in france!!

mine doesnt have a sticker or I am not looking hard enough

kenny beat me to it but yes

look on the vinplate and if it starts with JTD its jap an VNK (or somat like that) for frenchie!

I thought they all had the little 'Made in..' sticker at the top of the windscreen unless, like mine, the screen has been replaced.

my car was imported to the UK from belgium.. so I had guessed it was French anyway, but I just wanted to make sure :)

i got a little sticker on front of windscreen (top drivers side)...made in Japan :thumbsup:

More importantly ....

Is there any evidence to suggest that japanese cars are actually better built than the french equivelants?

I only say this because i've not had one single problem with mine in 3 years - absolutely nothing has gone wrong, it's even gone months without starting at one point, no problems whatsoever!

sam

Sam, i think people tend 2 think the Japanese models are better put together, like screws actually well tightened etc!

Just aswell i've got a Japanese 1 then! :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Sam, check out this thread here:

Click here....

If not, lift the upper glove box and see if it closes all the way by it's self, if it does, then it's a Japanese one

Thats quite interesting, though we haven't got a Yaris anymore to test that out.... :crybaby:

Kenny!

closes all the way by it's self

WTF, I want that

ive owned both jap and french models and i do have to admit there are subtle differences between the two

not more of build quality but the !Removed! seem to be better 'refined' for example there is a lot more sound proofing and things like that

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links