Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting an aftermarket headunit to the Yaris

breezer

Just a rough guide through of how to wire new Speakers to a standard cd player. If help is needed on wiring an amp to the cd player, i will tell you what needs to be wired to which wires.

Right. If fitting an amp to a standard cd player, you will need an RCA CONVERTER. I got an autoleads one from Halfords for around £7. If you are doing this yourself and are confused where the wires go, read on...

Of course you will need to splice the wire in order to connect the RCA wires up. The wires which you connect to are all entering the blue plug (see diagram above). Right:

blue remote wire connects to the grey wire

black earth wire connects to the brown wire

front right positive wire connects to the light green wire

front right negative wire connects to the blue wire

front left positive wire connects to the pink wire

front left negative wire connects to the purple wire

• 1 month later...

hey

you know in ur pictures it looks the same as my dash but where ur cd player ( standard yaris one is i dont have n e thing jsut a black box , does this mean i cant fit an aftermarket unit in or is it easier to fit it in or wot does it mean i haev to buy special and more cable n stuff????

i had a black box too! thats where the cd player went wen me dad bought one from toyota! you should be able to put an aftermarket one there!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

I ended up installing without this particular guide - there's another one text only that did me fine, so you should be okay, its more than descriptive enough!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the guidance on fitting the aftermarket headunit - helped me fit mine successfully.

I want to try and fit an amplifier. I've already run the remote power wire and RCA leads out from the headunit. I need to run the amp power lead from the Battery through the bulkhead and into the car. Does anybody know where is the best place to run the wire through in the bulkhead IE which grommit/hole etc??

Also are there any guides available on fitting new Speakers into the doors, and speaker pods on the dash? Specifically how to get the door cards off correctly etc?

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

• 4 months later...

personally i found a hammer and chisel works a treat with the lower tray when you havent got a clue wat to do but now i can takt the centre consol out in 2mins flat now, unfortunatly i have no trip omiter now coz it wont turn off when i turn the ignition and stereo off.

• 3 years later...

I ended up installing without this particular guide - there's another one text only that did me fine, so you should be okay, its more than descriptive enough!

A link to the thread, or even the name of the thread or a specific string to search on would be helpful - then I'd know whether I need to keep looking or I've already found it :help: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links