Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Santa Pod

kimi

ok u lot whos bin to pod today? what was the weather like?

and is it worth going tomorrow if its tipping down of rain?

sorry for all the questions but want to know b4 i go :thumbsup:

It was mostly sunny but with the normal freezing Pod winds - so wrap warm! You've been warned! There were a couple of small showers too.

BBC weather forecast for Northampton area at this link BBC Weather

I think there is going to be more rain tomorrow than today so take brollies and wellies.

Cars don't run down the 1/4 if it's raining and it will take time for them to dry it. But there are lots of stalls and displays for people to check out. There is even pole dacing for the blokes in on of the marquees :D

Watch out for muppets doing donuts in the mud :wacko: Although Pod have said if they see or catch anyone, the person and their club will be removed from site and banned from future events...

There weren't too many cars today - so no ques for running the strip B) But got bored watching the same cars going down time and time after eachother so we left at 3:30pm.

However, there were still loads of really nice cars parked up to drool over :drool:

I might pop over again tomorrow because I think there will be more cars to watch and people to see/meet :thumbsup:

Yeah was a cool day, i must honestly say i do think today was the day to go. Cant see sunday being better. :(

Got videos of Me and Knowlson racing each other.

He almost had me on the last run :lol: I was starting to think :help:

I was pulling times of about 14.5-14.7 which is about what i got with the GT4. But the more i think about it the GT4 was modified and this is stock so its not too bad. I was hoping for 13's but that was a bit optimistic :D

Videos will be up later for everyone ot download :thumbsup:

15.5-16.2

How were the chilli peppers by the way? :D

I saw knowlson nearly get you dude :lol:

I don't think the auto gearbox does much for the launches tho, but you do catch your speed up very quickly after tho :thumbsup:

I saw two very similar Supras pitted against each other. You could tell on launch which was auto and which was manual. But if I remember correctly, the run out speeds were very close.

Well done mate :thumbsup:

Yeah it was a good day :thumbsup:

Not too many people there today, i think there will be more on Sunday.

The jet car was mad though :lol:

Top day!!!

Nearly had leeky on the 1/4 mile :lol::lol::lol: man you have that top end on me :angry::angry::lol::lol:

Get the videos up dude :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think tomorrow is going to be very busy :( Today was nice not too many people and me and leeky got to do our 3 runs one after another :thumbsup:

The stands where ok, there could have been a bit more but hey you allways want more :D :D

Only thing that spolit it was a massive accident on the a509 coming from the m1 towards the pod between a scooby and a pulsar looked nasty :( we went past it at 8.45 and on out way back the road was still shut at 2pm not sure what happend but the damage to both the cars looks like they where having a bit of a race :( :( hopefully no one was hurt

Other then that it was a Great day :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Only thing that spolit it was a massive accident on the a509 coming from the m1 towards the pod between a scooby and a pulsar looked nasty :( we went past it at 8.45 and on out way back the road was still shut at 2pm not sure what happend but the damage to both the cars looks like they where having a bit of a race :( :( hopefully no one was hurt

With regret heard on the local news, 2 were killed in that rta. They didnt say much more than that :(

thanx for the replys guys, Garrick you say muppets doing donuts on mud,does that mean u park on grass? i've never been to pod b4 so dont really know :unsure:

aint sure if i'm going or not yet.

With regret heard on the local news, 2 were killed in that rta. They didnt say much more than that :(

:o :censor:

thanx for the replys guys, Garrick you say muppets doing donuts on mud,does that mean u park on grass? i've never been to pod b4 so dont really know  :unsure:

aint sure if i'm going or not yet.

Club stand and camping is on grass yep. But it is all cordoned off and is quite well arranged. There are tar roads leading right up to the TOC stand :thumbsup:

I wasn't saying there ARE muppets doing donuts. But you know what people can be like when it gets a little wet and there are no police to enforce road rules. Scoobies come to mind in this catogory :)

I found out a mate of mine in a MR2 became a bit of a muppet and was doing donuts :ffs: Each to their own <_<

It was good meeting you Finecactus (sorry forgot you real name - I'm really bad that way :!Removed!: ), Knowlson (likewise on the name front even though it probably posted on the forums somewhere :rolleyes: ) and another bloke hungover with long hair - sorry dude didn't get introduced...

It was also good meeting up with old and new faces :thumbsup:

I am well up for going back tomorrow B)

Anyone meeting anywhere off the M1 before hand? All weather pending (of course) :D

There is sun shining this morning, but also a few clouds about that don't look too threatening... We might have a couple of short showers later by the looks of it

It is quite fresh outside so if you're going definately take something warm :thumbsup:

It was good meeting you Finecactus (sorry forgot you real name - I'm really bad that way :!Removed!: ), Knowlson (likewise on the name front even though it probably posted on the forums somewhere :rolleyes: ) and another bloke hungover with long hair - sorry dude didn't get introduced...

Im Martin, Knowlson was Andy, and mr hungover with long hair was Pete :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links