Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multiple 2004 Solara Problems

2004solarablows

I have a question for anyone who has been through arbitration with Toyota.....what happens??? what should we do??? do you have any advice or suggestions??? and, what was decided..was it in your favor??? Okay, here is our story...I'm sure someone else has been through the same thing based on what I have read from posts!

Well, we finally bought the 2004 Solara SE Sport V-6 after lots of shopping....what a great looking and seemingly fun car to drive. Then we drove it off the lot and on the way home the tire pressure light came on. So, we called the dealer, they said to bring it in and they would reset it.....we took it in and they did, but they made up some b.s. about how rain could set it off??? oh well, minor problem out of the way.

After less than two weeks of owning the car, it became obvious that the car pulls to the left, badly...at any speed, especially highway speeds. It will pull more than 2 lanes to the left and if you are not holding the wheel to the right at all times, you are in another lane including in oncoming traffic. We called and took it in to the dealer. They said they fixed it when we got it back and told us that the problem was the tire pressure being off (even though the once-sensitive sensor was not on at all).....they LIED......not even close. So after talking to the manager we took it back in for 2 FULL DAYS and they said it was now BETTER and that we should drive it over the weekend and see how we feel about it.....they LIED AGAIN.....it pulled just as bad!

Also, the moonroof makes an awful noise when it opens. The dealer said they have to order a new part for it and we have to wait until it comes in to get it fixed. That will take another day!...another problem on the damn car....what a piece of crap.....we are so upset!

Why should a brand new car have so many problems??? I bought a 2002 BMW brand new a few years ago and it has been perfect.....damn Germans can build cars......not one problem in 26000 miles........on the other hand, TOYOTA SUCKS

So after the problems were not resolved, we called Toyota corporate and filed multiple complaints...no one had called us from the dealership even though they were supposed to.....so we decided on arbitration!!! They are mailing the paperwork.... If arbitration does not work out for us, we are seriously considering hiring an attorney and filing a law suit against Toyota!

Meanwhile, the car is not fixed (we may go back next week)....it has multiple problems and only 2300 miles on it!!!! What a complete LEMON! All we want is our money back. At this point, we do not even want the car even if it is fixed because we feel unsafe and cheated! Is this unreasonable???

Honestly, we feel UNSAFE driving this car and if there is an accident as a result of this, Toyota will be SUED...This car needs to be recalled and fixed, are they that stupid???? How can they not fix this problem??? Are the engineers and mechanics at Toyota all idiots?? They should want Joe Public to be satisfied and clearly by the posts on here we are NOT......I will never buy another Toyota again, their customer service sucks and they don't care......

Thanks, Jim

Hi there....

You can see this left-drift problem well-documented on another thread...although it primarily pertains to the late model Camrys...I see quite a few complaints with the Solara's as well....

After fighting Toyota on multiple visits...I found the perfect solution.

Swapped out for a late model GM...leather seats, heads-up display, full power...supercharged...and put $2000 back in my pocket.

Best thing I ever did!

My first and LAST experience with Toyota...

What a disaster! :censor:

Yep. I have the exact same problems with my 2004 Solara SE V6, except I have another annoying problem with the car that you didn't mention.

The second day of owning the POS car, i heard a weird noise come from the engine when i was accelerating. It sounded like a loud WHINING noise, unlike anything I heard before.

We took it back to the dealer several times, taking time off from work to get this fixed and all they said to me was "it's suppose to do that" which completely BS. Every independent mechanic I went to said it was abnormal.

Anyway, nothing was solved by Toyota and their corporation. Eventually they just closed the case on us and refused to talk to us about our problems.

Screw toyota.

• 2 weeks later...

regarding left pull.

I just got my Solara back and they corrected the left pull problem. the car is riding beautifully. these are the notes as they appear on my invoice. hope it helps.

front coil spring seat angle (ST002-04 TSB applies)

correct seat setting. adjust alignment to specifications.

ST3007.6 tdrv A.5xtras B1.4 seats C1.2 specs D.7 adj 4.4

48131-AA110 3b 99

• 1 month later...

My wife's 04 Solara SLE V-6 a/t falls on its face from a dead start. Terrible throttle response. I have really noticed it lately when I almost got hit because it wouldn't get out of its own way. If you give it more gas, it hesitates and then jumps forward.

Another problem is a rattle that seems to be coming from the passenger side A pillar.

Of course, the dealer couldn't find a thing wrong.

Any help with these would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hesitate Fix: Since it is drive by wire, the car learns from the way you drive.....or someone before you. I disconnected the Battery ground for three hours ( tried a few minutes and didn't even lose my radio presets).

After that I drove the car more aggressive than I usually would for a week.......problem seems to be fine, no more hesitation. It now has been a month of normal driving and it seems fine.......still has a damn rattle though

>>>>>>UPDATE>>>>>>

Car has gone back to the same ole crap. After a few weeks of being OK, not it once again hesiates at low speeds when you try to give it gas

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links