Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 2 Turbo - Lsd And Trc

EmR2T

My rev 2 has traction control which is kinda helpful - but also discovered yesterday that it also has an LSD :)

Was just wondering how common it is to have both these on a rev 2 turbo?

I certainly notice huge amounts of grip from the car either in a straight line with a fast start or round tight corners - it makes it feel very stable after expecting the tail to slide out more easily.

Anyone else here got the same on their rev 2?

Pretty rare to have both. I think the traction control was available as an option. LSD was defo on later cars.

Any pics?

No pictures yet but will get some up soon - next weekend hopefully when I can get a borrow of a digicam.

I assume the LSD was an option on the rev 2s though? Checked the number on the VIN plate and it has the 3/5 thing on the transmission info.

One thing I have noticed with the car though is that the rear side windows (small ones) dont seem to be totally flush against the roof at the very top on the area closest to the side windows. Are they all like this or is mine not sitting correctly? I know the car has had a respray so whether it was a glass out job and not set exactly back as it should be? This had made me wary of it being in a crash but had an HPI check on it and had it up on jack with no sign of any previous damage there or behind the carpet in the boot.

yeah LSD was an option for rev 2's, i got it on mine too n it does seem to calm the tail happy nature alot. It was standard equipment from rev3 onwards i believe.

as for the gap, i been lookin at some pics of my one and there does seem to be a gap of about a centimeter along where you say so i shouldn't be too worried!

mines is like this:

saliyag-edge.jpg

quite strange that really...must be some reason for it i reckon that noone knows :ph34r:

Thanks for the picture! That has put my mind at ease - looks exactly the same as yours :)

I went out for a drive today on a nice big open quiet corner to see where the limit was with the handling and did not feel like it was going to give at all even when really pushing it. Love the way the stay nice and flat even with standard running gear - especially when giving it throttle round a bend :)

Do you have traction on yours as well Deus?

nah mate no TC, actually I think youre the only one on the TOC board that has it! The guy who bought your car in japan mustve been loaded lol :hokus-pokus:

hehe cool :)

I'll get some pictures of the engine bay as well next week as it has the TRC metal plate on it as well.

mines is like this:

saliyag-edge.jpg

quite strange that really...must be some reason for it i reckon that noone knows  :ph34r:

It's a rain channel. :thumbsup:

Ok, this probably sounds stupid, but how do you tell, is it on the vin plate, and another thing, where is the vin plate? :eek:

I have both on my rev 2 gt turbo and also have the option 2 switch off trc ..!Does yours have this option.....? #7

Yeah - the switch with 'TRC Off' down on the bottom right beside the fogs - lights up an orange rectangle on the dash when off :)

Have driven about a fair bit with it off - doesn't seem to feel very different but I am assuming it will only make a difference when all hell is about to break loose.

Tis nice knowing it is there though, especially on nights like tonight where I was driving home in the dark with the rain ****** down on the dual carriageway :)

Hi everyone

Well the one that I'm buying Rev 3 has LSD but sadly no TRC. Oh well i guess you cant have everything ah? I have got to wait 5 weeks for it to be shipped over :crybaby: And i bet the time is going to go so slow :crybaby:

jerry!!

my rev2 conversion has loads of grip, wondering if its got an aftermarket lsd tho as at full lock slow turning i get a bit of chatter, this is a sign of a plate lsd i was told???

I think you could test for one next time your car is jacked up.

Try turning one of the rear wheels - if the other one turns the same direction then you will have an LSD if it goes the opposite way then you don't?

Can anyone confirm this for me? :)

I dont hear any chattering at full lock on my rev 2 with lsd,you might wanna check suspension links? Could be just something wearing in though and might go after a few hundred miles (which im sure you'll cover quickly :P )

I have Kaaz LSD fitted and I get alot of chatter going into corners at full lock etc. I just get used to it.

No TC here.... LSD tho.. on a rev1 !! ... :)

My garage laughed when I said I stonked my new bumper... he said you have a handbrake and LSD !! You should have just swung it round instead of doing the 3point turn.... I'm not that adventurous !

my rev1 has LSD as well. it chatters a bit when going on full lock round corners slowly.... only started to notice this when i put big wheels on :o

Well the one that I'm buying Rev 3 has LSD but sadly no TRC. Oh well i guess you cant have everything ah

I wouldn't worry too much....MOST people that have complain about it and want to know how to remove it......but I can understand it would be great in the wet, and a god save in a TT supra!! ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Why would you want to remove it? - all you have to do to turn it off is press the 'off' button? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links