Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.8 Super Charged Yaris

Kerby

Just been into my local dealer to order some t-sport car mats. got chattin to the parts guy. he said toyota are goin super and turbo charger mad. they are bringin out a new yaris this time next year with a 1.8 turbo or supercharged engine. reaches past 150mph apparently. they are also goin to do the same with the other t-sport range and start to put turbo chargers in them as well.

He also mentioned a new supermini which they are road testin at the moment which is based on the new avensis due for release in the next 12 months which i think my have been mentioned in a previous thread but as a new yaris.

does sound interesting

but comin from toyota its probably crap! :lol:

Its fashiobale again to bolt on a charger of some sort! it only went quiet during the 90's for insurance reasons!

Out of interest how much were your T sport mats?

does sound interesting

but comin from toyota its probably crap! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They better not iv held of modding my SR to get a t sport!

and i was gonna get one soon!!

insurance 1.8 supercharged yaris :drool::drool::eek:

the cts is a 1.8 at 189bhp then a supercharger!that would be Craaaazy!!

would a yaris be able to use that much power??

4WD,LSD,10inch wide tyres?????LOL

CB :thumbsup:

hmmmm

maybe possible

but they still dont know nothing! i was chatting to one bloke about Yaris Turbos and Caldina GT4's and he looked at me as if i was explaining quantum physics

the sales guy said that it would prob be more or less uncontrollable but there gonna do it

rule 1 when talking to sales reps: don't believe a word they say! These :censor: know :censor: all about engines or drivetrains!

Talking bout turbos any body any idea on the price of one from tte? for the yaris? :D

TTE only has a supercharger for the Yaris. See more at >>clicky<< .

Cheers, Yves.

I have just bought a jap import supercharged celica and it is the biz!!. It has 190 bhp standard but with the supercharger 240 bhp and it goes well. I would love to drive a supercharged yaris. Hopefully they will stick to their word and bring it out!!

I bet they wont do it. 1.8 in a yaris + super charged or turbo :eek: It would cost 1000's alone just on modding the engine bay just to get the engine in there. Plus the fact that it would cost a bomb and why would you buy a corolla t sport when the yaris t sport would be so much faster than the corolla as the size difference. This would make it one of toyota's fast ever car they would have in production. Just think it would be munching scooby's and evo's off the light's.

Also they would have to bung in a 4 wheel drive system as well as it would never get traction with all that power coming through the front wheels ;)

I really cant see them doing that. Oh well we will have to wait and see ah :yes:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links