Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So What Would You Do?

dj_davo

with the cold weather coming would you use magnatec 10/40, with the fact it is a little thinner and shouldnt rattle on startup, but on my 87k miles turbo could leak through a bit leaving annoying smoke when sat stationary - in cold weather.

or

another dose of mobil1 15/50. a bit thicker so may be a bit rattly on cold mornings, but maybe not seep through the turbo as much.

or a completely different oil.

p.s what do peeps think to those magnetic oil filters and sump plugs found on mr2dc.

dont worry about that fella, toyota recommend some stupidly thin oil that u cant buy anyway - besides it is best to put a bit thicker in now its 11 years old.

both oils ive mentioned are what a lot of peeps use, and what ive used as well. mobil1 is in at mo.

just picking peoples brains for their thoughts on the 2 of em. or another oil if highly recommended. :thumbsup:

i used Mobil 15w50, pretty thick oil but its all good. The engine does rattle first thing in the morning though but only for about a minute.

The magnetic sump plugs have got very good reviews over on mr2oc. The oil filter is a different question though since you have to be careful when going with an aftermarket oil filter. The stock toyota filter has a design feature that lets oil bypass the filter if it gets blocked up, most aftermarket ones dont have that :thumbsup:

Thought it was 10/30w for 2's ? I think I read it on IMOC and Im sure I saw it in either the handbook or a sticker on the car (import GTS Turbo 94)

R.

PS: Mine doesnt rattle any time at all :S

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links