Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another One Bites The Dust

alanbradley

So, I was on my way home from the Scottish meet last night (Sunday) in the pee-ing rain. The traffic was busy as there had been an accident at the Castlecary Arches just north of Cumbernauld and there'd been a long tailback.

I was a bit uneasy in the right-hand lane of the traffic on the dual-carriageway just north of Dunblane as everyone was so close together, so I moved out to the left-hand lane behind a Honda Civic. It was going quite slowly, but that was okay as I wasn't under and pressure to get back up the road.

At the end of the straight the Honda pulled off onto the sliproad towards Braco and I accelerated back up to the speed of the surrounding traffic. Suddenly, and without warning, the Honda pulled back onto the A9, right across the white lines and caught my front nearside wing with the back of his car. That pushed me across into the right-hand lane and my offside front wing hit the rear wing of an Audi A4 that was passing. That sent me back across the road and planted the front of my car into the barrier just before the flyover...

Thankfully everyone involved in the accident is okay, but you can imagine the state that the front of my car is in now <_< . I'll be very surprised if it isn't a write-off as the passenger's footwell is about 3 inches shorter than it was and the glovebox just won't shut. There is now NO nearside front wing (well, okay, there is, but it's only about a foot long).

The guy in the Honda has admitted liability today (thank goodness), so hopefully I'll hear the outcome soon. In a way I hope that it's a write-off, but I'm still not sure whether I want to be :ffs: or :crybaby: .

If anyone ever doubts the crashworthyness of the Yaris, just get them to PM me and I'll tell them all about it! Had I been in a Saxo, 106 or similar I don't think that I could have stepped out of the car, or even been able to open both front doors...

Thankfully my parents live nearby and my Dad cane and collected me and I stayed at theirs last night before heading the rest of the way this morning in his Rav. I should be getting a courtesey car later this week though... thank goodness!

Cheers,

A

PS - I'm blaming it all on Ryan - he complimented me on the paintwork and how blemish-free the car way ;) (Only joking!)

PPS - If anyone else says to me that "It's only a car" I'll :censor: them! It's my car... :crybaby:

:crybaby:

Noo that sucks :(

Have you got any photo's of it?

I work in Motor Insurance claims so if you need any help feel free to ask - I'm glad that he's admitted liability..people like that dont deserve to be on the road.

:( :ffs:

Sorry to hear that mate!!

The one good thing is that the driver of the Honda has accepted the responsibility!!

Can I just ask though, you said in the main forum that ricomr2 might have seen it....?

Glad you are ok though mate!

ross

sorry to hear that mate,glad you are not hurt.

i know i would cry my eyes out if it was my car :crybaby::crybaby:

its NEVER just a car........hum insurance....new Tsport?

kimi :wub:

&#33;Removed&#33; hell, bet u won't be coming to the next meet! Thats terrible, I feel really bad 4 u mate! The weather really wos pretty s**t and wasn't ideal for driving long distances! Get a T-Sport and then fit ur strut brace 2 it! :thumbsup:

really sorry to hear that mate. i know exactly wot your goin thru. but ur insurance company should sort it out pretty quick for ya. and it will all turn out well i the end (even better if u get a t-sport ;))

Can I just ask though, you said in the main forum that ricomr2 might have seen it....?

That was bad phrasing on my part! I though I saw his car pass later (black MR2, square plates). That was about 2 hours later though - my mistake!

Tvor - No. not to get a T-Sport, there was this mad stone chip on the bonnet I wanted rid of :lol: (have to laugh or would cry ;) )

Blue - Thanks, I had an all-singing, all-dancing camera in the boot of the car but it was out of Battery or I would have. Despite the number of cars involved I think that it's going to sort itself out okay now that the chap has admitted liability.

I think it will be replaced by the same again tbh, it's pretty nippy and costs just pennies to run (original tight Scot alert!).

My big worry at the moment is how much money my car will have lost since February. Surely I'll lose out when they only give me the market value of my car at the moment?

A

Gutted for you mate, I know how i would feel if it was mine.

Wasn't me by the way, i dont have square plates and defo would have

stopped for ya mate ;)

Hope it all gets sorted quickly for u :thumbsup:

yeah and some of them have been really serious as well. wot did it score in the NCAP?

Thanks again folks... 4 stars in the euro-ncap I believe.

Don't hink I'll be upgrading right now - I couldn't stand the earfulls of grief I'd get from my mum :rolleyes: . As it was I got an earful about driving too much, driving on the roads, driving my car, going places, etc., etc. :huh: . I think she was just relieved... :unsure:

I've got my dad's old rav at the moment... Slow, noisy and thirsty.

Cheers again,

Alan

yeah and some of them have been really serious as well. wot did it score in the NCAP?

The phase 1 Yaris scored 4* out of 5, a couple of things have been improved since the testing.

Phase 1 dropped a few points on having no 3 point seat belt in the rear middle seat; side impact protection; ABS;

The phase 2 has 3 point seat belts on all seats, side air bags are standard on all but the T2 and the A frame and sills have been strengthened on all models, ABS with EBD is now standard across the range. I would think if the tests where carried out again on the phase 2 car it would get 5* :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links