Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Install Help/info

Dougs

Ok just ordered some VIBE SA-K-60 comps for the front of my yaris and got some Qs before they arive tomorrow

1.will the standard cd player run these ok or should i put off fitting them untill i get a new cd player

2.just after some pointers/info on making a stand off to mount these on

ie whats the best way of fixing the mdf stand off to the door

Any info would be great

Just hope it aint raining tomorrow :angry:

cd player should handle them fine! mines standard and as standard is supposed to power only the dash Speakers!!

i have sub/amp hooked upto it, dash Speakers, door Speakers and shelf speakers!! only since i added door speakers did it distort at high volumes, but thats coz am stupid and there is alot hooked up!! your cd player should handle it well!

and do you mean how to attach speakers to the door?

In theory, for the ultimate sound quality you should use an amp that is rated at exactly, or a little more, than your Speakers (so i've read). So if you have 50W RMS Speakers the best amp would be 60W RMS.

I may be completely wrong!

Just think how loud the standard one goes in the T-Sport (as it uses both door and dash). This will be no different with the new Speakers except it'll be of better sound quality and you'll be able to play it at higher volumes.

If you have only got new dash or only got new door speakers remember to fade towards the better speakers (Front = dash, Rear = doors).

Hope this helps

the RMS on the amp must NOT exceed the RMS on the speaker

eg

AMP 350W RMS, 750W Max

Sub 300W RMS, 1000W Max

if the amp is at full power it will damage the sub if played for too long, if you are not planning to play at full volume then you could get away with it

Ok the plan is install the vibe Speakers sometime over the weekend

6.5"s in the doors and tweeters in the dash (90w-rms/360w-max)

Think im gonna buy the clarion DXZ848RMC hopefully in the next few weeks

Then add an amp probably vibe black box 1 2x50w rms

Was just abit worried about the stock cd being abit under powered for the vibes and sounding crap but i'll just stick them in and see

I'll just wait for the Speakers to arrive today and work out how to mount them

to mount 6.5" Speakers in the goor, you will need to drill out the rivet that secures the oem Speakers to the door structure. (be sure to remove all the rivet tails or they will rattle like buggery). you will need a spacer to match the speaker to the door trim also to prevent the magnet from interfering with the window when its wound down.

Dscn0003.jpg

I'm presuming the screws you see in the pics, not only hold the speaker, but also the mdf in place. ;)

Got my Speakers fitted today

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

Havent wired them up yet tho was getting to dark :censor: will do that tomorrow

Although did try taking the dash apart got the clock surriund off ok and the center bit around the dials but couldn't get the bottom bit off is this bit really hard to get off did try giving it a good yank :eek: but just felt like it was gonna snap

(was following moffmo's how to)

Great install there mate

Thx and thx for you'r help

Looking good bud. Very interested in this, as one day, i'll need to be doing it! 

Really easy to do hardest thing was laying the cable and gerard was right use 2 bits of 12mm mdf gives just the right space required

Got it wired up today very happy with the sound although could do with a little more bass. Will see how it sounds when i get a new h/u if it still needs more will have to get a sub to go with them

• 3 weeks later...

Right got the h/u and installed it today CLARION DXZ848RMC

DXZ848RMC.gif

Will get some proper pics up tomorrow

Have fitted it where the cash tray goes for now untill i get a chance to order the other stuff to fit it properly

For the doors

---------------

Cut out two 12mm thick mdf rings for each door and glue/screw them together

(should get a template with the Speakers to let you know the diameter of the rings)

As for the dash Speakers

-----------------------------

The Speakers are like a diamond shape just trace round them onto the mdf cut a hole in the middle to house the tweeter

(because i used 12mm mdf for this i had to reduce the thickness at the ends of the mdf where the screws go as its to thick you would be better of using 6mm mdf)

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links