Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The Difference.....?

drb5

What IS the difference between the first yaris t-sport's and the face-lifted version? I've just found a place that say's there's a slightly better difference in handling and i've seen the wee difference's in the interior, but is there anything else??? :help:

I've also heard the new model is heavier as there's been further reinforcing and general strenghening...that goes for all facelifted models.... dunno if it's true though...?

Vipes

sounds like wild speculation, wait for Yvvan the ToyoTechGuru to read it, he'll give you everything down to the different part numbers for the washer jets! ;)

sounds like wild speculation, wait for Yvvan the ToyoTechGuru to read it, he'll give you everything down to the different part numbers for the washer jets! ;)

LOL :lol:

ditto @ what drb5 said

Also the seats have memory - a worthwhile addition

My seats havent got memory :eek::crybaby: :censor:

lol what you talking about?

I was thinkin the same!

Wen u let people in the back in a 3 door u tilt the seat forward and roll it forward! Wen u roll it back it would go all the way back but people usually like to return it 2 where it wos previously like half way forward or wotever! :thumbsup:

Hope that makes sense! :wacko:

Wen u let people in the back in a 3 door u tilt the seat forward and roll it forward! Wen u roll it back it would go all the way back but people usually like to return it 2 where it wos previously like half way forward or wotever! :thumbsup:

They don't though :ffs: ...

You also get front seat mounted airbags, 3 3-point rear seatbelts, chrome ringed air vents... mainly just cosmetic or safety stuff.

A

Are they still made in japan(the yts)

CB

Hmm, my 54 says it's made in Japan on the windscreen so I guess so. But I thought Yari were made in France. What do they do, ship a base Shell over to Japan for the mods, or are YTS's Vitz RS's in disguise?

Well it looks like, if i stretched my budget to the face-lifted version, i wouldn't get much of a difference.....and tbh, i think i prefer the front bumper of the later ones!!! :lol:

B)

The phase 2 came out last year, the new models are the T2 T3 T-Spirit and the new T-Sport.

4Car Road Tests

The headlamps have been restyled into a teardrop shape and the inner surface has been chromed to improve light dispersion to give better illumination at night. T-Sport models share the same lights instead of the smoked versions of their predecessor.

Redesigned front bumper.

Extra reinforcement has been added to the sills and A-pillars to reduce cabin intrusion in the event of a crash.

New mesh design has been added to the radiator grille and bumper vents

All petrol engines meet the upcoming Euro IV requirements by using new piston designs, a revised exhaust manifold and catalytic converter and new programming of the ECU.

Power steering fitted as standard across the range

The rear clusters on the Yaris have been tweaked over the outgoing model and are now all red, to give a cleaner look

T-Sport models feature fog lights in the rear bumper.

All models now come with ABS and electronic brakeforce distribution (EBFD) as standard.

Passenger and side 'bags are standard on all but the base T2 specification, and three-point seat belts are fitted to every seat. In the event of a frontal impact, the brake pedal dislocates from its fixings, which should minimise ankle injuries. A transponder engine immobiliser is fitted on all trim levels, all bar the T2 have remote central locking and an alarm is available as an option on all models except the T-Sport, where it is standard.

A leather steering wheel with integrated audio controls is fitted to the top two trims levels.

T-Sport is made in Japan, the others are made in France... :thumbsup:

they give plans to france branch of toyota, and make them there!!

mines made in France! but still a jap designed car

No, it isn't actually a Japanese designed car. The Yaris is, I believe, the first car to come from Toyota's European design studios near Cannes in the South of France and it was designed by a Greek whose name I forget just at the moment. It was designed primarily for European tastes (well, we like it... ;) )

The cars we get here come from both France (Valenciennes, near Lille) and Japan (T-Sport certainly, my last diesel T3 did too), but I believe that variations are also made in Canada, South America, China and Thailand (I'm prepared to be corrected on that though :) )

There are actually an amazing number of detail changes between the Japanese and French Yarii. A comparison of my car and my sister's French Blue (sounds like a dodgy movie ;) ) showed totally different components of the rear seat slide/fold mechanism, front and rear wipers, aerial, front seat angle adjustment, bootlid pressing (probably about 60 grand of tooling change there) and, most surprisingly, the key! Mine had a gold "T" built into it (just like a Lexus one, or the one for my boss's Land Cruiser) and Titch's was just a crummy injection moulding.

I always meant to take photos, but never quite got round to it...

I really have to get out more :bookworm:

Alan

Sorry! :tomato:

I'm a pedantic git who's always been interested in car design and France. I applied for a job there (actually cold called!) but, as you can guess, wasn't successful :(

A

they give plans to france branch of toyota, and make them there!!

mines made in France! but still a jap designed car

No, it isn't actually a Japanese designed car. The Yaris is, I believe, the first car to come from Toyota's European design studios near Cannes in the South of France and it was designed by a Greek whose name I forget just at the moment. It was designed primarily for European tastes (well, we like it... ;) )

Cool info, I understand however that although the Yaris is Europe designed, the T-Sport was a Japanese design mod on the euro Yaris. :)

ah right! I get it now..mine has memory then!

• 8 months later...
The phase 2 came out last year, the new models are the T2 T3 T-Spirit and the new T-Sport.

4Car Road Tests

The headlamps have been restyled into a teardrop shape and the inner surface has been chromed to improve light dispersion to give better illumination at night. T-Sport models share the same lights instead of the smoked versions of their predecessor.

Redesigned front bumper.

Extra reinforcement has been added to the sills and A-pillars to reduce cabin intrusion in the event of a crash.

New mesh design has been added to the radiator grille and bumper vents

All petrol engines meet the upcoming Euro IV requirements by using new piston designs, a revised exhaust manifold and catalytic converter and new programming of the ECU.

Power steering fitted as standard across the range

The rear clusters on the Yaris have been tweaked over the outgoing model and are now all red, to give a cleaner look

T-Sport models feature fog lights in the rear bumper.

All models now come with ABS and electronic brakeforce distribution (EBFD) as standard.

Passenger and side 'bags are standard on all but the base T2 specification, and three-point seat belts are fitted to every seat. In the event of a frontal impact, the brake pedal dislocates from its fixings, which should minimise ankle injuries. A transponder engine immobiliser is fitted on all trim levels, all bar the T2 have remote central locking and an alarm is available as an option on all models except the T-Sport, where it is standard.

A leather steering wheel with integrated audio controls is fitted to the top two trims levels.

T-Sport is made in Japan, the others are made in France...  :thumbsup:

Say's it all really doesn't it :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links