Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slide Door

toffee

I have got a lucida luxury X 2.2td and the slide door has stuck closed.

The central locking seems to work fine and I have checked all of the fuses which are ok. I have tapped all of the relays to make sure that they were in ok. I have disconnected the Battery to see if that would reset something but all to no avail. I have had the inner panel off and made sure that the slide door controller was connected and it seems to be. The small circut board inside this looked ok too. I have contacted a local Toyota dealer who seemed a bit put off that I wanted to bring my imported car into his garage, he told me that they would look at the door but would not fix anything as it had been imported!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my back is done in lifting the kids in and out of the front doors!

Check the rear part of the door. The rear clasp of the door mech hasc caused me many problems. Grease it a lot and let me know how things go from there

Regardos

Les

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Toffee,

I have the same problem with my sliding door - have you had any results getting it unstuck?

best regards

Erik

Hello Erik

So far I have not had it repaired. The news is bad I'm afraid. I took it into a toyota dealership but they refused to look as it was an import. I was eventually put in touch with an auto electrician who had some experience with imports. He told me that the door was "deadlocked", and that he had come across this with Estimas before. The way to fix it is to cut into the door from the outside and release the mechanism which has locked itself. This would be a very pricey way to do it as it would obviously need a full body repair on the door afterwards. I still have not given up hope of finding another solution though, an ex-fireman friend reckons that you can release any car door with the correct tools and I will be visiting him within the next couple of weeks so I will let you know the outcome as soon as I can. If you hear of any way to repair it let me know as it is such a pain in the backside not having the use of the slide door as you well know. Even if the locks got damaged when the door was opened would be fine, as I could use a padlock or something to lock it.

Anyway, best of luck and I will keep you posted

Dave

thought side door will not operate correctly depending on what you are doing with petrol cap?? as in it wont move back and locks in postion until cap is closed and cable retracted..... well mine does anyhow

Hello Erik

So far I have not had it repaired. The news is bad I'm afraid. I took it into a toyota dealership but they refused to look as it was an import. I was eventually put in touch with an auto electrician who had some experience with imports. He told me that the door was "deadlocked", and that he had come across this with Estimas before. The way to fix it is to cut into the door from the outside and release the mechanism which has locked itself. This would be a very pricey way to do it as it would obviously need a full body repair on the door afterwards. I still have not given up hope of finding another solution though, an ex-fireman friend reckons that you can release any car door with the correct tools and I will be visiting him within the next couple of weeks so I will let you know the outcome as soon as I can. If you hear of any way to repair it let me know as it is such a pain in the backside not having the use of the slide door as you well know. Even if the locks got damaged when the door was opened would be fine, as I could use a padlock or something to lock it.

Dave

Hello Erik

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply - I asked a mechanic to look the other day but he wasn't convinced that he could help. He recommends getting a locksmith. I also spoke to Bob of RCM Services (M25 mobile mechanic) who is sure its an electronic fault - the system is not getting the signal to open or shut and is stuck in limbo. I'm going to try and jolt the solenoid (at the back of the door) with a 12volt supply and see if it helps to disengage it.

No doubt I'll be in touch - good luck with your endeavours - it's such a bummer not having the use of the door.

best regards

Erik

Hello Erik

Just to keep you updated.

I spoke to an electrical engineer in work today, I work at Jaguar cars in Halewood, and he has confirmed what you posted the other day. According to him the fault will be electrical as this is what makes the mechanics of the doors deadlocking system to function, or not as is our case. He has given me a number of someone who will check out all of the electrics again. Here's hoping!!!

I will keep you posted.

Good luck and best regards

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Joy of joys - yesterday I managed to unjam the slide door - I figured the Battery and everything else electrical was in good working order but somehow there wasn't enough juice to unscramble the slide door mechanism. I determined which were the current carrying cables from the Battery by their thickness.

At the back of the door you'l find a black tubular motor/solenoid with three pairs of wires attached to the body - if you unplug (they all have plugs) or disconnect the feed from the Battery which are the 2 red wires (one with a blue stripe) [attached to the top of the solenoid rather than the side].

Effectively you've now partly isolated the mechanism from the battery supply - I then got my 12v battery charger [that connects to domestic 240 volts] and outputs 12volts.

I made up 2 leads with slim connectors that could slide over the pin connections on the solenoid side of the plug, and then I connected the battery charger clamps to the 2 bare ends.

I figured that the red-with-blue-stripe wire was the neutral (blue or black) and that the other red wire was the live signal.

Either way you can't go wrong with the connections because the motor is meant to work in both directions - I was just interested in jolting the mechanism.

Obviously be careful because you don't want to be trailing any wires across moving parts -

I made contact and immediately heard the lock mechanism turning/grinding - I then broke contact and called my wife to be ready to open the door when I next made contact - I was aware that i didn't want to apply any more voltage than was necessary over time, just in case there would be other issues.

It worked immediately. I've had the door open and shut to check its working condition. All GOOD! I also then cleaned the electrical contact points that are on the inside of the door and where the door makes contact with the chassis.

Hope this helps mate - don't let the buggers grind you down!!

best regards

Erik

020 8864 1015

07786 691 215

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news Erik, I am genuinly happy you sorted it.

With your help and advice I have isolated the problem and I am awaiting a new part. I tried what you said without success and Have been told to replace the solenoid. Fingers crossed it will work.

Cheers

Dave :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Hello people!

My Lucida with soft close doors has just gone into the garage as the door shut but then wouldn't open. I tried everything, fuses, fuel cap, Battery, the lot.

My local mechanic has unjammed it, but now it won't shut unless you slam it!

Thamks to Eric :thumbsup: I've had a chat with the mechanic and we will take it from there!

Will let you know how we get on!

Cheers

Reg

• 9 months later...

I had the same problem - Battery went flat because the kids left the lights on, then the door wouldn't budge. Followed your tip and car working again. Thanks very much.

• 4 weeks later...

thought side door will not operate correctly depending on what you are doing with petrol cap?? as in it wont move back and locks in postion until cap is closed and cable retracted..... well mine does anyhow

Even with the petrol/diesel cap door open, you should still be able to open the slide door, (but not fully)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links