Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Clutch

sub77

I got my 50,000 mile service done, and ever since bringing it back form the dealers, I noticed that when you press the clutch, there is a squeaky noise. I seems to be coming from under the bonnet and not inside the cab.

Could this just be a lubrication issue or is it something worse inside? :(

Anyone else had this? and shouldn't the service pick up things like that???

*squeak squeak*

sure you don't have a couple of rodents under the bonnet? :)

on a more serious note, take it back to the dealer and tell them you have a squeaky clutch - like you say it's probably lubrication issues

i have a squeeky noise from under bonnet when the clutch isnt pressed. when i press it, it goes away. aparently a clutch bearing has gone, gettin it sorted on tuesday..

i have this problem! i got told it was the wire rubbing against the rubber or something :wacko: i only have 20k on the clock though

try spraying loads of oil up under the dash to where the clutch pedal mounts, probably have to lie on your back in the footwell.

Hello sub, I am a toyota master tech, if the problem is when pressing the clutch, and its under the hood, the cause is most likely the bearing sliding up and down on the imput shaft. try this, have someone sit in car and pump the clutch, you go under the hood and you will see a rubber boot on the trans where the shift fork goes through, pull back the boot and spray some penatrating lubricant inside there while the clutch is pumped, noise should go away, what causes this is clutch dust bulid up. if you wanted to clean that out, you can hose a can of break cleaner through there first. good luck

hey deekay, what if the squeeky noise is when the clutch isnt being pressed?? makes a noise bit liek a fan belt, but aparently its my clutch. it stops when i press clutch in...

that would be most likely be the throw out bearing, you can try the same procedure, it may fix the problem for awhile, u should use the brake cleaner first, that may even be enuf.

• Like 1

Hi Deekay

Thanks very much for the advice, I did as you suggested. take a look at the photo, Lubrication points

I pulled back the rubber from point A and sprayed grease and pumped the clutch for a while but the noise didn't go away. then I noticed the opening at point B was able to get my finger down this hole and it seems like an opening, so I sprayed a bit of grease there too. and it seems to have stopped the noise. Wasn't quite sure if I had to spary at point A or B so I did both :rolleyes:

Once again thanks for the advice appreciate it very much :thumbsup:

Its point b, point a is the slave cylinder, I usually pull back the whole boot from the trans, at point b. At least it worked. your very welcome. take care

• 5 years later...

ive had the clutch master cylinder changed to stop a squeaky clutch pedal, it hasnt worked so had a look in old pages on this site and came across the toyota techs fix. "find rubber boot on trans where the shift fork goes through pull back the boot and spray with penertration grease" please can someone help me locate this part (have seen the picture link , but am non the wiser) do i need to remove any of the black plastic covers and if so which ones and if looking down at the engine where should i be looking ?. ps i dont know much about engine, but am sure one of you clever guys will be able to help me. maybe even another photo ? thanks

• 3 years later...

same here can anyone locate where to look when looking down at the engine please? stupid squeaking clutch when pressed.

I got my 50,000 mile service done, and ever since bringing it back form the dealers, I noticed that when you press the clutch, there is a squeaky noise. I seems to be coming from under the bonnet and not inside the cab.

Could this just be a lubrication issue or is it something worse inside? sad.gif

Anyone else had this? and shouldn't the service pick up things like that???

My wife's last Yaris did this after I changed the brake and clutch fluid. I removed the heat shield from the clutch slave cylinder, pulled back the rubber cover, pushed the piston into the cylinder and greased the bore of the cylinder with rubber grease. I then greased the other end of the pushrod where it engages with release fork with molygrease. No more squeak! Did you have the brake fluid changed at the service, and did the garage change the clutch fluid?

Regards Geoff Peace.

Regards Geoff Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

that would be most likely be the throw out bearing, you can try the same procedure, it may fix the problem for awhile, u should use the brake cleaner first, that may even be enuf.

HI deekay,,

do i pull the rubber on the gearbox where the arm joints the clutch piston and spray in brake cleaning fluid or some lithium grease?/

Many thanks