Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Toyota Yaris Stealth Installation: 6cd Mp3 Multi

fredsmithers

Hi all,

I have compiled an In-Depth fitting guide to a Stealth Installation of a Sony CDX-T70MX 6 CD MP3 Multichanger to a Standard Toyota Yaris Cassette Headunit.

This guide features step-by-step photos and concise tips how to carry out this installation yourself :-

TOYOTA YARIS CD MP3 MULTICHANGER INSTALLATION GUIDE

I look forward to all your feedback.

Regards

Fred.

:hokus-pokus:

ps - MODS please feel free to add this post to the technical archive, to enable easy access for fellow Toyota Owners Club members.

• 4 months later...

hi. i just got a new yaris. it's the 2004 model d4d with cd radio. i would like to know if it was hard to scrool between songs if u listened to mp3cd. thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, excellent write up, the pictures make it look incredibly simple.

The problem I have, is that I tried to order this unit and the connect2 unit from Halfords online, and they told me that they couldn’t supply it to me as the Yaris I have is a 1999 model, so it won’t work. Didn’t want to just go ahead with it stubbornly and be proved wrong (you never know, they might be right for once?). so I thought I’d ask you as you seem to know what you’re doing.

Is there any reason why the year of the yaris would make a difference? It looks exactly the same? Have you ever successfully managed to achieve this in a ‘99?

If you could help me out with this one, I’d be forever indebted.

Also, if it is possible to do, could you tell me how to lift the carpeting for a good finish? Isn’t in the guid. I guess its not that hard, but I wondered if you had any specific tips, for a professional finish?

Many thanks for your time and help

• 2 months later...

I'm in the self same position as smoolio, with a 'T' plate Yaris with standard fit cassette player. I'm looking for a solution for the Yaris having dismissed the official Toyota option as vastly too expensive !

I'm constantly on the look out for a replacement second hand CD unit - but they are as rare as hens teeth. When they do appear (on Ebay) they are expensive for second hand simple kit.

Maybe, now hacing visited this forum, the solution may have been found - but the BIG question is will the connects2 adaptor mentioned wokr with the '99 Yaris cassette unit ?

Does anyone have a price for this adaptor ?

I'll thank everyone for their help in advance.

• 4 years later...
I have compiled an In-Depth fitting guide to a Stealth Installation of a Sony CDX-T70MX 6 CD MP3 Multichanger to a Standard Toyota Yaris Cassette Headunit.

This guide features step-by-step photos and concise tips how to carry out this installation yourself :-

Hi Fred (or anybody else who can help).

This guide looks like just the sort of thing that I've been trying to find, but unfortunately the link is dead, as are the ones on the Yaris How To's And Useful Information inc. Forum Board How To's - or where the links aren't actually dead, the photos have disappeared.

Does anybody know where I can find a guide that still includes all the original information about how to get at the head unit. (What I actually want to do is to fit a Parrot MKi9000 "behind" the head unit of a '52 reg CDX. Well, when I say "I", I mean my partner ;-).)

Thanks

Julie

Hi Fred (or anybody else who can help).

This guide looks like just the sort of thing that I've been trying to find, but unfortunately the link is dead, as are the ones on the Yaris How To's And Useful Information inc. Forum Board How To's - or where the links aren't actually dead, the photos have disappeared.

Does anybody know where I can find a guide that still includes all the original information about how to get at the head unit. (What I actually want to do is to fit a Parrot MKi9000 "behind" the head unit of a '52 reg CDX. Well, when I say "I", I mean my partner ;-).)

Thanks

Julie

How to get at the head unit:

If the car is cold warm the car up. It will reduce your chances of breaking any trim/lugs.

With some nice rounded impliments like smooth teaspoon handles gently ease the speedo pod up.

unplug the speedo pod and unscrew the speedo and disconect the cables bu pushing in the tabs.

remove the heater control knobs and undo the screws hidden behind them remove the heater control pannel

Then undo the bolts that hold the cassette housing. and unplug the cassette.

Personally I would fit a sony bluetooth radio where the pen holder is. (bt2700 around £97 ebay)

The cable loom that fits the cassete will plug in with an adaptor cable available from eBay or Halfords (spit)

The car Speakers are good quality and sound ace on my radio/mp3/, bluetooth iPhone with sat nav.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links