Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems Obtaining Parts Of Toyota Dealer

Twincam.GTi

Help,

I run a 1998 Corolla GS 1.6 that has many G6 / G6R items fitted to it; which includes the 'mesh grill'. Last week someone knocked into the mesh while parked up (needless to say no details left!), thankfully it was just the grill mesh pushed back and nothing else knocked , so i wounder if it was a trailer of some sort?

Naturally I called in at my Toyota Dealer in Telford to enquire about purchase of a new one...no chance i was told :o

Reason being that grill does not correspond to my chassis number! I told the parts chap the part number (53111 - 1A370) which is on the underside of the grill, he agreed it might well be but 'cause it don't apply to my car he can't order it.

He also informed me that if I need any G6/G6R part I can forget it; although they are genuine Toyota items.

The parts department is good at getting 'normal' parts/service parts but have stated they can't 'cross' parts from different models.

With the old dealership in Telford (called 'Hylton')which has closed down I never had this problem and is where I bought the G6/G6R items.

Naturally I am a little worried in case anything else gets damaged.

Has anybody had similar problems with their local dealers (is it a Toyota UK policy?)?

Many thanks,

I'll give them a ring.

Any idea on price (if I know Fensport they will probably charge more than Toyota themselves... not that I can find out Toyota price)?

Cheers

Ive got the part number for a black mesh G6R Grill at home. So if you can wait till Monday I can pass that onto you. Then just quote it to the dealer. I got mine from a dealer as it was cheaper then fensport. But I do have a G6R and they just used my chassis number. The reason I got a new grill is beacuse when the G6R was new you had the option of a chrome effect sports grill which mine had but i preferd the black. If you want a quick cheap replacement, your more than welcome to have that for £5 plus postage. Its not like the chrome grills you see on some other Ae111's The holes are larger.

Let me know :thumbsup:

FineCactus,

Thank you very much for offering to help, very kind.

I do not wish to have a chrome grill but thats very decent of you (and a superb price!).

I would however be grateful for the part number of the mesh black grill to quote to the dealer (and a rough idea of price you paid?)

I will probabley use a different dealer to quote part number to because local dealer just seems to refuse anything that doesn't correspond to chassis number of any of my cars, even when Toyota part number is quoted (as my first posting tryed to point out)! It's as if they are against modifiying/conversions of any sort (and it's not as if cars are under warranties any more)!

Thanks once again

Happy motoring

tell the dealers your a workshop and need a quote for the part including vat and a time of delivery.

You'll find they'll help you a little more, if they ask for a VIN tell them you cant get one as the car is not booked in until you get a price, if they can give you a price, they can give you the part ;)

Hey Guys!

Fensport sell the grill for £50 I think.

I have one if U want it. U can have it for £25 plus whatever P&P is! Only been on the car 2 months.

Ad

Thanks everybody, :)

I am very grateful for everybodys help and advice, this (to me) has been a perfect example of how people can 'rally round' and help someone on the forum (incidently from what I gather from other people/car clubs it is one of the best operated and contributed too car forums on the web) :thumbsup:

What I have done is gone to a different Toyota dealer in adjacent area, they were very helpful and new excactly what i wanted ...and didn't mind. So now I have a new mesh grill on order, cost £38.70p so not bad. They also said they'ed heard about that Telford dealer and have had other people coming to them for bits because of problems with obtaining parts! :o

Firstly, Unity John: what a brilliant idea i'll remember this with reference to any parts department in the future; will be useful for all my vehicles and friends vehicles I help out with.

Fensport sell the grill for £50 I think.

I have one if U want it. U can have it for £25 plus whatever P&P is! Only been on the car 2 months.

Corollags: Many thanks for this, why don't you want yours anymore, surely it suited your car well (I certainly think so). As you can now see i've a new one on order (Why Fensport is more expensive than main dealer I just don't understand?), however i still will keep you in mind in case things go wrong so many thanks to you for your offer once again. :D

Happy motoring to you all

No probs Twincam!

Im actually selling my car as I need something cheaper as I am in uni, thats Y I am selling the grille :(

Its on the FOR SALE forum if anyone wants 2take a look.

Ad

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the different dealer - i'm happy to supply any parts needed at a decent price. My main speciality is very cheap brand new vehicles - if anyone wants a price drop me a line.

Kev

blue_haddock Posted Today, 12:07 PM

I'm the different dealer - i'm happy to supply any parts needed at a decent price. My main speciality is very cheap brand new vehicles - if anyone wants a price drop me a line.

Kev

Welcome Sir!

Glad you've joined us :)

...And many thanks for the G6 Grill

(And the accessory list you forwarded to me ...ooh Santa please ... :drool: )

This guy is very helpful. :thumbsup:

Thanks

blue_haddock Posted Today, 10:05 AM

Just to let you know you'll be getting the gaitor off me brother on monday.

So you got the leather gearshift gaiter for me... Brilliant :thumbsup:

Many thanks once again.

(Oh why, Oh why can't all dealers be as helpful as you :D )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links