Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt3 Autolocking

sparkydog

Can anybody help me , how do i program the doors to lock when i turn the key in the ignition , it is supposed to be an additional security feature ,can i do it myself or is it a dealer only job

Can anybody help me , how do i program the doors to lock when i turn the key in the ignition , it is supposed to be an additional security feature ,can i do it myself or is it a dealer only job

This topic was posted earlier, it seems it is a dealer only job , when I bought my rav 4 he did it for nothing about 6 months ago others have said they charge £37 for the luxury. Speak to dealer niceley it does not take long and is worthwhile if your worried about being hijacked !!!! :)

Cant understand what they do for £37 :ffs:

Sure no one knows how to do this themselves :blink:

The £37 is a minimum charge 1/2 hours rate for a 30 second job, value for money eh :censor:

Thats crap :censor:

Surley someone here can find out how to do it? :help:

I have heared that it is a combination of turning the ignition on and off a set number of times then locking the door , etc. not sure though

• 1 month later...

Why would you wanna have the doors lock when you turn on the ignition anyway?

Theres a button on the right hand door which you press to lock the doors. Easy enough to do this when you get in the car.

Well if a car jacker was to try and get into your vehicle I think they would beat you to pressing door lock if the door was open. More and more new vehicles now come auto locking doors option when you drive.

I don't know why Toyota GB don't get there act together and publish this information or put the information in the owners manual how to setup the auto door locking.

Must find out about this feature on the RAV.

On my BMW Z4 the doors automatically lock when you reach 9mph (again it is a dealer progammable feature).

You might want to check out the following PDF document that was posted on a French RAV4 forum I'm a member of. It looks official, but don't get your hopes up, because nobody has actually got it to work on their car yet :(

If anyone succeeds, let us know!!

PDF document

I suspect that the reason this does not work is that these instructions are for North America RAV4 Alarm system, The European Toyota alarm system is different sorry cannot remember that Alarm model number but the European ones are not RS3000 as far as I can remember.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links