Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-sport Compressor!

Nick-Johnson

As the title says really, has the model been given the all clear to go into production by Toyota and if so can we get a low down anywhere?

Will the car be coming to the UK, any ideas on BHP output?

Nick

Nick,

Visit here...

http://news.auto.cz/?article=2633

Sorry, can't offer any czech translation services. But the numbers look good!

Thanks,

It dont look that great but I am sure thats not the Corolla Compressor, thats a standard E12 facelift with a few TTE bits but I could be wrong!

Any idea on BHP figures it got to be 230BHP to be stamping its mark on the Hot Hatch sector!

You never know I may well be back! :yes:

Nick

Also says 17in wheels with 215/45 types as opposed to the 195/50 and 16in wheels on the standard T Sport. Perhaps that will help a bit with the grip.

And you seem to get +70 Nm torque, up to 250Nm from 180. I wonder how this affects the distribution of power and torque across the rev range, as presumably they are leaving the VVTL-i valve gear the same (bigger lift from 6200-8350)?

Surely you would need to fiddle with the ecu in order to cope with a denser mixture across the rev range?

230hp or so with fwd give a nice power advantage over all those scooby wrxs out there :D

Cheers

Paul.

with 230bhp is starts to become a serious hot hatch, especially with the increased torque.

The reviews you hear/read always criticise the lack of torque below 6200rpm and the soft chasis.

all in all should be a good car, I don't think there's another hot hatch out there at the moment with 230bhp? Apart from maybe the Alfa GTA...

What will the price be though, that's the important one - because if it starts creeping towards £20k you're in an entirely different market altogether

Is it going to be a new Corolla version or modifications made by TTE as it appears in the article's photo?

Somebody reading Chech?

with 230bhp is starts to become a serious hot hatch, especially with the increased torque.

The reviews you hear/read always criticise the lack of torque below 6200rpm and the soft chasis.

all in all should be a good car, I don't think there's another hot hatch out there at the moment with 230bhp? Apart from maybe the Alfa GTA...

What will the price be though, that's the important one - because if it starts creeping towards £20k you're in an entirely different market altogether

Renault Sport Clio 255 but its £27,000 :eek:

It the only one I can think of, the 147 GTA is 250 BHP! :o

well , for starters :

the CTSc is a modified actual model but won't get the TTE-front-skirt. It has a different rear-skirt (not the TTE-skirt on the photos above). Left/Right exhaust-system , bigger brakes (328mm) , different steering wheel , leather handbrake-cover and gear-knob.

Will cost in GER under 30000€ and has ONLY 166KW/225hp !!!

I've seen the car on the exhibition "Essen Motor-Show"

12020005b.jpg

12020006b.jpg

12020009b.jpg

EDIT : it will be assembled at a Tuning/Performance-factory in the Netherlands or it's outpost in GB (no final decision )

yes i saw it in Essen aswell, and also being built at Koln.......(TTE) over the last 18 months

THE CARS HAVE NOW GOT THE NOD, AND PRODUCTION STARTS VERY SOON, IN THE UK.

production is not by Toyota all cars will be sent to (i cannot say.sorry) where they will be converted.

the rear exhaust, is quite crappy really for toyota with the left pipe being only a branch pipe from the main exhaust.no silencer.

there is more chassi bracing than the std model, and the suspension is fully revised.

anymore Q's, let me know

w

EDIT : it will be assembled at a Tuning/Performance-factory in the Netherlands or it's outpost in GB (no final decision )

as i said above , conversion will be in the UK, and it is Confirmed.

The company who will be carrying out the conversion has been doing most of ther development on the chassis at TTE over the last 18 months :yes:

I posted this info on the 3oth November ;)

HERE

anymore Q's, let me know

Probably an obvious question, but will the lift still be there when a compressor is fitted and if so will it be as much of a surge as the current one, less or the same. I know it's not too important as the main thing is there would be more power available lower down. Just interested.

Dumb question, but is a compressor a turbo or supercharger or neither?

Looking forward to seeing the car in the UK, will it be available from main dealers?

Sorry for the questions, but just exciting about the prospect of a more powerful corolla. :drool:

:thumbsup:

PRICING is still being determined by TGB.......i have no acces to what TGB decide :crybaby:

anymore Q's, let me know

Probably an obvious question, but will the lift still be there when a compressor is fitted and if so will it be as much of a surge as the current one, less or the same. I know it's not too important as the main thing is there would be more power available lower down. Just interested.

Dumb question, but is a compressor a turbo or supercharger or neither?

Looking forward to seeing the car in the UK, will it be available from main dealers?

Sorry for the questions, but just exciting about the prospect of a more powerful corolla. :drool:

:thumbsup:

Compressor = supercharger.

As for the lift, only speculation but, I'm sure it will be unchanged. The supercharger will supply the much needed low down tourque and once that runs outa steam the lift kicks in at 6250.

Anyone else know any more?

well if the compressor is the same as the BLITZ, the lift's still the and all the power is at lower rpm's, if the SC is BLITZ wich is the one I test drove here...U CAN'T FEEL THE LIFT....I mean is there I know...but with all this power at lower rpm's u cannot feel it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links