Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

January Regional Meet

ae111sr

Ok Guys, let's get the ball rolling.

JANUARY

Sunday the 23rd, next round of regional meet's, venue's and time's to be confirmed by regional meet's organiser's

Everyone is welcome to make suggestions of what to do and where to meet.

Gareth - the Cardiff Bay idea is great (and will be a definite goer) but best to leave it till later in the year when (hopefully) the weather will be warmer and drier.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Sounds like aplan Baz. Sadly my Rolla will be at Owen developments in Oxford that weekend having the Unichip remapped so we may have to turn up in their curtesy Mk2 Golf. :o :crybaby:

Any suggestions which pub mate? My sister recommends the the Old Ford Inn at Llanhamlach.

Here's the directions

"From the East:

Travel along the A40 through Crickhowel and Bwlch until approximately 3 miles from Brecon Town Centre. The Old Ford Inn is 300 yards before Peterstone Court on the left hand side. If you encounter the dual carriageway section, you've gone too far, so continue to roundabout and retrace your steps

From the West:

From the town centre or the by-pass, navigate the roundabout at the eastern edge of town, taking the Abergavenny A40 turn off. Continue until the end of the dual carriageway, and The Old Ford Inn is 300 yards after Peterstone Court on the right hand side."

I need some feedback guys.

I am not working that weekend so would be up for a meet John, that sound like the start of a good plan. :thumbsup:

Shame you won't be able to bring your car I would love to see it but I'm sure there will be a next time soon.

Anyone else?

Bowling in Cardiff/Newport/whatever..?

Paintball in Cardiff/Newport/whatever..?

Karting in Newport (don't know if Cardiff do it?)

?

I have been to the go-kart place in Newport Chappers, great track, went for my sons b'day not so long ago. Don't think there is one in Cardiff, used to be 2, one in Lamby Way and one on Penarth Road but I think they closed down.

There is a track up at Landow but it is all outdoors, great track though in the summer.

Possibly a fall back plan if the Beacons are snowed in or bowling as you said. Not sure what everyone would prefer and don't want to complicate things.

Did a recce on the weekend to the pub I mentioned earlier. Cardiff - Brecon - Cardiff 100 mile round trip (not sure it's such a good idea for January!!). Pub has parking for about 20 cars total. Landlord said that Sundays are very busy throughout the year and we would have to book and that means money up front. Food was good but the HB was totally off and had to be taken back. Might be a good idea to find somewhere else. Suggestions?

Nutz.......Would come to this LEEK meet but thats around the time I'm leaving for Cape Town and then on to watch England Whip the SA cricket team in the ODI's :thumbsup:

Nutz.......Would come to this LEEK meet but thats around the time I'm leaving for Cape Town and then on to watch England Whip the SA cricket team in the ODI's :thumbsup:

Don't worry Gordy there will be others. :group-cuddles:

What about a few beers and some bowling at the superbowl or somewhere like that. It doesn't matter about the weather and we all get to meet each other in the warm. (don't worry i am no expert at bowling in fact i have never been.)

We can plan more outdoor meets when the weather warms up.

Sounded like a good excuse for a jolly up to Brecon though for you John and probably a good idea that you did.

I am keeping this date free as work are pestering me to work overtime.

I'll be available as should no longer have to work saturdays which gives me every weekend free :) :) :)

Bowling or go-karting both sound cool and the gang :D

What about a few beers and some bowling at the superbowl or somewhere like that. It doesn't matter about the weather and we all get to meet each other in the warm. (don't worry i am no expert at bowling in fact i have never been.)

We can plan more outdoor meets when the weather warms up.

Sounded like a good excuse for a jolly up to Brecon though for you John and probably a good idea that you did.

I am keeping this date free as work are pestering me to work overtime.

Sounds good to me. Is Superbowl the one on Newport Road or the one down the Bay? - I can never remember which is which.

both from the same chain although the one in the bay is probably safer, I was at newport road with chappers the other night and while we were there 3 cars got vandalised !!!

both from the same chain although the one in the bay is probably safer, I was at newport road with chappers the other night and while we were there 3 cars got vandalised !!!

:arrgg-matey: Agreed, don't want to be on edge all night wondering if 'our things' are still there..

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we should be finalising plans and spreading the word soon fellas.

Got the date and the venue more or less sorted just need to agree a time.

Any preferences, daytime or evening? I'm easy.

im up for anything, just let me know what the plan is and i,ll be there.

baz

Sorry guys - took my eye off the ball with this one.

Midday (ish) if everyone is agreed. Meet in the car park at Atlantic Wharf Leisure Village (HollyWood Bowl is inside along with eating establishments).

They had advised that e need to pre book by next Saturday

Responses needed as I want numbers etc.

Midday is fine with me. So thats:

John (ae111sr)

Baz (Mad Welshman)

Gareth (Gareth B)

I will phone Ryan (Rhaines) soon if he doesn't reply as he doesn't get on here much and should think Chappers (sorry mate don't know your first name) will be along soon.

There must be more!

lol Ryan was replying at the same time. Whats the chances of that!

Edited by Gareth B

So that's

John (ae111sr)

Baz (Mad Welshman)

Gareth (Gareth)

Rhaines (Ryan)

Any more for any more - need more support than this seeing as I can't bowl with my dodgy knee.

Will definately know by twm (didn't see the posts :( )..

Ah, put me down anyway, Ill book the day off :lol:

Enthusiasm - that's what I like. Well done mate

John (ae111sr) Corolla

Baz (Mad Welshman) Supra

Gareth (Gareth) Estima

Rhaines (Ryan) MX5 ???

Chappers (?????) Yaris

Now where's Earl with his MR2????????

Here I is  :D

Count me in guys  :thumbsup:

Nice one mate

John (ae111sr) Corolla

Baz (Mad Welshman) Supra

Gareth (GarethB) Estima

Ryan (Rhaines) MX5

(?????) Chappers Yaris

(????) Earl MR2

get that q mark off my name :D

will defo be there in the mx5, hopefully have my phone sorted lonf b4 then as well, new phone and they've put a security block on it, not my fault the only id i had on me was a driving license from a few addresses ago :D still made it through the credit check though :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership