Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Xt3 Tweeters

sparkydog

Tweeters arrived at local T stores early Friday morning , been quoted two weeks so was a little supprised.Part numbers (My Rav is an 04 XT3 , So check these part no.s before you commit to purchase ) are 86160-42090 speaker ®, 86160-42100 speaker (L), 67491-42040 channel, 67492-42040 channel.approx £90 for the lot

Fitting is a bugger. :ffs: Most of the trim comes off quite easy, eccept the door opening/locking surround facia, I found help at door panel removal BE VERY CAREFULL , ONE SLIP AND YOU COULD DAMAGE YOUR LINING, once this little problem was overcome the rest is straightforward,when the panel is removed there is a connector blank plug fitted just below the door mirror screws, remove it ( obviously with all power off and keys removed from ign.) fit your relevant Tweeter in place and connect up, Re fit all panels etc and start on the next door :thumbsup: Good luck , Just remember the panels are platic or leather and are easily damaged, go slow and carefully, any problems . STOP and ask . SD :thumbsup:

SD - when you say channel - is that the plastic panel for each door? How much were they on their own?

SD - when you say channel - is that the plastic panel for each door? How much were they on their own?

:yes: The channels are the tweeter covers,the tweeters are £28.30 +vat each, the channels are two different prices (figure that one out )67491-42040 is £9.97 +vat and 6749242040 is £10.01 +vat , :thumbsup: good luck :yes:

• 1 month later...

Just order the parts for this mod - can you confirm that the wiring is already there or do I need to do anything other than locate the pre-wiring ...

Must stop modding soon :lol:

Just order the parts for this mod - can you confirm that the wiring is already there or do I need to do anything other than locate the pre-wiring ...

Must stop modding soon  :lol:

:thumbsup: When I took the door panel off , just below where the tweeters are to be fitted is the speaker loom. with a " shorting plug " fitted, remove the " shorting plug " the tweeters own plug fits in its position

Do this with the radio switched off. the hardest part is removing the suround off the door lever,everthing else is very easy Good luck SD :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Hi sparkydog

Just been reading about your tweeter upgrade. :)

Did you change your door Speakers while you were doing the mod? If so what Speakers did you install?

Are you happy with the tweeters & how much difference is there in sound quality?

There must be a few of us out there wanting to improve on the rubbish stock door Speakers.

Regards