Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Springs?

richalees

Sorry to post another question about lowering but heres the thing. I was going to go for GMAX but now i have heard things about them providing an uncomfortable ride :ffs: . Just browsing through POTN.com and could go for any of the following which would provide the full 40mm drop:

PI Sport Springs Toyota YARIS SCP10 99> Lowers by 40mm (85-164) POTN Price: £113.94 inc VAT + PI Clip-on Universal Bumpstops

Gmax - Spring Kit TOYOTA Yaris 99>lowers by 40mm (30 TO 06) POTN Price: £97.81 inc VAT

Cobra Lowering Spring Kit - TOYOTA YARIS 1,0/1,3 /1,4D 1999- 40MM POTN Price: £119.14 inc VAT

Which would you go for and why? :thumbsup: Also those who have have seen lowered Yaris's, whats the difference like between 30mm and 40mm drop.

Many Thanks

Richard :help::help::help::help:

any lowering springs produce an uncomfortable ride , its part and parcel of lowering a car. its down to drivers requirements , what you consider uncomfortable and willing to put up with. 30 mm will be more forgiving on yer backside , but dont really look good on the yaris.

I'd still say GMAX but I'd be tempted to save up for either TTE or Eibach as they are much better! :thumbsup:

Have to agree with Ryan1985 i'm afraid...I was goin for the Gmax as well, but have switched to getting the Eibachs now

The TTE springs ain't much more expensive than the ones you've got listed... I got my set from Toyota for about £130 I seem to remeber... :)

Has it not been said that the TTE and Eibach are the same parts? Also the TTE springs will not invalidate the warranty from Toyota.

The TTE springs ain't much more expensive than the ones you've got listed... I got my set from Toyota for about £130 I seem to remeber...  :) 

Has it not been said that the TTE and Eibach are the same parts? Also the TTE springs will not invalidate the warranty from Toyota.

yes your right the tte are made by Eibach,

not too pricey either mine were £118 from toyota.

eibech only do the whole set though dont they? like the shocks etc

they do a lowering spring called pro kit.

you know how someone said ALL lowering springs will make the car uncomfortable. does this apply for the eibech and teins

I honestly don't know...best thing you can do is ask the people that have these springs installed and get the opinions off them. I would imagine though that the more you lower the car the more uncomfortable the ride will be, but i really don't have a clue! just my logic from what people have said, but my mind ain't at it's best at this time of night! :P

you know how someone said ALL lowering springs will make the car uncomfortable. does this apply for the eibech and teins

I honestly wouldn't worry about your comfort, as you know i've got the HKS wagon suspension and its not all that more uncomfortable!

And my brother has got GMAX springs on his Punto HGT and they are not all that bad! :thumbsup:

I think you should order Cobras mate :thumbsup:

I've had them for a summer, and me likey :)

I have just the springs and they feel to be a bit progressive: comfortable at normal drive and very stiff at harder driving. The price wasn't too bad either in Finland, 180e.

hmmm decisions decisions! well i get paid on the 10th, so thats when i would be ordering springs. I want them fitted asap in time for the TOC meet on the 23rd of January.

Hey breezer im thinking the PI springs are a good bet as on POTN.com they have an average customer rating of 4.5/5 where as the GMAX have a rating of 2.9 and the COBRA a 4.3.

Also R-Tec (Rtec Web Page ) use PI springs to lower Yaris's when i gave them a call. Quoted £192 supplied and fitted.

do tte do a spring and shocks setup? if so how much and how much does it lower the car by (for t-sport)

Envy did a set of Teins on mine at the start of the month - it is a harder ride, but not much ... and the trade off in handling is more than worthwhile ...

Clarky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links