Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Break Light Decal

Kev Mc

I recently bought 1 of these & tried 2 fit it but I havent got a clue how to, how is the light attached 2 the window? Is there a few screws or clips or is it glued or sumthin? I dont wanna just pull the light in case sumthin snaps, any ideas ne1?

I hope so, cant c y it wudnt b legal, I've got 3 other break lights, its not as if sum1 cudnt tell if I was breaking

I have my TOC Logo there :P no idea how to fit it tho... seems to be clipped in somehow

... And it looks ace when the brakes on!

I think the clue is on the ebay advert!

Peel back the backing tape and stick it on the glass!

Is this only obvious to me?

She's on about the brake light ;)

She's on about the brake light ;)

there is a cover on the brake light. this clips off to reveal the brake light if my mind serves me right. then you just stick it on.

She's on about the brake light

Hope u mean the person who's sellin it, come on, how many female Kev's do u kno?

It doesnt stick on the glass, it sticks on the actual light & I'm wonderin how 2 get 2 it 2 stick it on coz its attached close 2 the window & theres a plastic cover thing stoppin me from touchin it

there is a cover on the brake light. this clips off to reveal the brake light if my mind serves me right. then you just stick it on.

I'll try that, just scared of applyin 2 much pressure in case sumthin breaks or I need 2 re-glue it & I havent got no glue

I hope so, cant c y it wudnt b legal, I've got 3 other break lights, its not as if sum1 cudnt tell if I was breaking

Yeah, I guess so - I was just concerned that someone could say it was distracting (eg. driver following you would be trying to read your sign instead of applying their brakes and run straight into the back of you).

I think it sticks over the lens of the high level brake light, so it’s behind the glass (rear window)

I have my TOC Logo there :P no idea how to fit it tho... seems to be clipped in somehow

... And it looks ace when the brakes on!

Aww really?.... cool!! just the look i was going for... and as far as 'legality' i havent been stopped for it... some cars only have two brake lights.. L and R.... so I figure putting something reasonably transparent on top one dont matter.

She's on about the brake light

Hope u mean the person who's sellin it, come on, how many female Kev's do u kno?

Sorry mate i meant JJ

Aww really?.... cool!! just the look i was going for... and as far as 'legality' i havent been stopped for it... some cars only have two brake lights.. L and R.... so I figure putting something reasonably transparent on top one dont matter.

High level brake lights aren't a legal requirement in the 1st place, so they can't really ream you for having a customised 3rd light, as long as its not a mad colour that is! B)

Sorry mate i meant JJ

Oh, sorry, thought u'd read my name wrong or sumthin

Thats wot I was thinkin, & I cant imagine it bein a major distractment, just letters on a light

High level brake lights aren't a legal requirement in the 1st place, so they can't really ream you for having a customised 3rd light, as long as its not a mad colour that is! B)

I belive EEC legislation means that all new cars must have a third brake light fitted.

Also if it's faulty...and is wired up..then it will fail the MOT. If it's not wired up..then it will pass the MOT....if your "normal" brake lights are within a particular range of height from the deck.

Also I belive (I think it's 50%) of the surface of the light muct be visible form the rear...so masking off the lamp...may make it illegal if you mask off to much.

Vipes

Easy peasy to stick it on....

Open your boot, and grab the black bit nearest the glass... then just gradually pull it... increasing force until it pops off.

Then there is a single bolt on the right had side which you need to undo, then the whole light fitting clips off.

Then you can stick the decal on and whilst you're there, put some black tape over the edges, as light seeps through as it's a tad small (see pic which i took before modding mine!)

The bolt it back on, and clip the black plastic back (be careful doing this... it can be tricky as it has to be whacked on to get it on fully)

There are instructions for it in you handbook as it tells you how to change your bulb!

17f_Yaris_Brake_light.JPG

Sorry kinda off topic here .. but has someone nicked your little TTE Badge or something Seveer? .. Cos its missing. :bye:

That decal looks alright .. but would be better if the Y and A doesnt blend in so much.

:thumbsup:

Thats wot I was thinkin, & I cant imagine it bein a major distractment, just letters on a light

Fantastic! I'm going to put...

"APPLY YOUR :censor: BRAKES NOW YOU :censor: -ING :censor: !!!"

...on mine then. :P :D

Easy peasy to stick it on....

Open your boot, and grab the black bit nearest the glass... then just gradually pull it... increasing force until it pops off.

Then there is a single bolt on the right had side which you need to undo, then the whole light fitting clips off.

Then you can stick the decal on and whilst you're there, put some black tape over the edges, as light seeps through as it's a tad small (see pic which i took before modding mine!)

The bolt it back on, and clip the black plastic back (be careful doing this... it can be tricky as it has to be whacked on to get it on fully)

There are instructions for it in you handbook as it tells you how to change your bulb!

17f_Yaris_Brake_light.JPG

Marvellous, thats just the kind of thing I was lookin 4, nice 1. Committed the cardinal sin of not gettin ne service history when I bought the car (my 1 regret about buyin it), can u buy handbooks from Mr T or will I have 2 go thru my life (well, till I get another car) not knowin how 2 change a bulb?

As I said.. my TOC Sticker is on mine... and I've been stopped by the police (not the the sticker.. for something else...) and they didnt have a problem with it...

I'll have to get a picture of it tonight!

As I said.. my TOC Sticker is on mine... and I've been stopped by the police (not the the sticker.. for something else...) and they didnt have a problem with it...

I'll have to get a picture of it tonight!

Rebel!

can u buy handbooks from Mr T or will I have 2 go thru my life (well, till I get another car) not knowin how 2 change a bulb?

If you are really lucky and bought it from a proper Toyota dealer, they will order you one free of charge! They did for chriscanavan and myself anyway, because it should by rights come with a manual...

And don't stand for the old classic "Its a Used Car, what do you expect" line!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links