Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4 Wheel Steer

celica kid

hi there

does anyone know why the four wheel steering warning light

would be coming on while your driving its fine when you start the car but the minute you turn the wheel it lights up.

any advise would be great

the car is a 1989 celica gti-r 2.0

:D also one of my friends went out and bought with out advise. a 2.0 gt with a 3s-fe engine is there any where on the planet you can get performance parts i know trd do some parts.

thanks

i have a 3sfe and i have been looking for 6 months for performance parts

if you go to www.fensport.co.uk click on links the trd website comes up then click on street and a various list of parts comes up which are for the celica with the 3s-fe. sport air filter performance oil filter trd ver.s series high response exhaust and many other parts which can be ordered through fensport.

by the way what year is your car my friends one is 1996 it very clean and is not a bad car to drive compared to my 3s-ge

• 1 year later...
i have a 3sfe and i have been looking for 6 months for performance parts

if you go to www.fensport.co.uk click on links the trd website comes up then click on street and a various list of parts comes up which are for the celica with the 3s-fe. sport air filter performance oil filter trd ver.s series high response exhaust and many other parts which can be ordered through fensport.

by the way what year is your car my friends one is 1996 it very clean and is not a bad car to drive compared to my 3s-ge

You could always fit forged pistons and a GE head and induction, I guess you'd need the ECU from the 3S-GE too. but the only difference between the FE and GE engine is in the head and pistons, the valves are flatter on the FE so the flow is not as good, and the pistons have dishes in because there is no combustion chamber space in the head.

owners handbook says if the light comes on whilst driving a fault in the 4ws system has occured

hi there

does anyone know why the four wheel steering warning light

would be coming on while your driving its fine when you start the car but the minute you turn the wheel it lights up.

any advise would be great

the car  is a 1989 celica gti-r 2.0

:D  also one of my friends went out and bought with out advise. a 2.0 gt with a 3s-fe engine is there any where on the planet you can get performance parts i know trd do some parts.

thanks

:bookworm: I think you can interrogate the diagnostics to see if a fault code is logged for the 4WS. I'm not sure whether linking the usual pins in the diagnostic plug (located near the top of the passenger side front shocker) will give you the 4WS dignostics or whether you need to link to link different pins. Do a search under 'Diagnostics' or '4WS' on the forum.

Let us know how you get on, I for one dread the day on which I see this warning light up :wacko:

Just found this on the Yahoo forum

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/celica-4ws/message/4965

There is some useful stuff on there as it is dedicated to the GTR 4WS but is can be a pain to trawl through all the messages (+5000 !!!) as there is no 'Search forum' option (that I can find anyway)

Also check your oil in the 4WS box at the rear!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links