Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Major Cold Spell On The Way

BLOODUK

Yes im a weather nut :P

Starts saturday

brwind060.jpg

ends up with this

brwind144.jpg

bbc -

Thursday 17 February WEATHER WATCH Snow and ice look set to hit the UK early next week. There is a risk of disruption. Further updates will appear here.

metcheck-

Areas Affected : Scotland, North-east England, East Midlands, East Anglia, South-east England.

There is moderate confidence in winds veering around to the North-east during Sunday night into Monday bringing sub 518dm air across Eastern regions in association with an active trough with possible widespread snowfall in the regions mentioned above.

Snow forecast

http://www.metcheckdata.com/data/forecast/...latest_snow.png

If you can read charts :P

http://217.160.75.104/pics/Rgem1201.gif

http://217.160.75.104/pics/Rgem1561.gif

http://217.160.75.104/pics/Rgem1801.gif

http://129.13.102.67/wz/pics/ngp10.prp.120.europeg.gif

http://129.13.102.67/wz/pics/ngp10.prp.144.europeg.gif

20% chance of this happening, but very low risk

rtavn28822jx.gif

lol you're a right proper Michael Fish arent you Blood! :D :D

I'll keep on the lookout but your last forecast was wrong - we never had any bad weather (well not in Leics anyway)

Not affected down here yet again. So if you dont like dodgy weather, move to south west :D

lol you're a right proper Michael Fish arent you Blood!  :D  :D

I'll keep on the lookout but your last forecast was wrong - we never had any bad weather (well not in Leics anyway)

True Demonic but some people did get it

and i didnt get it :censor:

Had snow a few weeks back 2cm on the ground

and hail a few days ago!

If im wrong then ill stop making anymore weather posts

If im wrong then ill stop making anymore weather posts

Don't worry, keep up the good work, you will never be as wrong as that Michael Fish ... he was just plain useless!

Your warnings are of some use so keep it up :thumbsup:

ADVANCE WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Heavy Snow affecting Northern Scotland, Eastern Scotland, South West Scotland, Northern Ireland, North West England, North East England, The Midlands, Wales, South West England, Central Southern England, South East England and East Anglia AND Lincolnshire.

Issued by the Met Office at 09:56 on Thursday, 17 February 2005.

This is the first warning of disruption due to Heavy Snow and Ice.

Colder weather over the weekend is a prelude to more persistent snow and icy conditions and risk of disruption across southern and eastern Britain for next week. This early warning captures the wintry transition this weekend, focusing on the initial potential disruption from snow and ice. A further early warning will be issued this weekend to cover likely disruption next week.

On Saturday, scattered sleet or snow showers are likely in northern and eastern coastal parts, more particularly upland areas, and less confidently parts of Wales and the southwest of England but the threat of disruption is low.

Sunday, snow showers will begin to extend further inland across England from the east coast, with the risk of outbreaks of more persistent snow spreading across much of England and Wales during Monday, possibly also affecting eastern and southern Scotland and eastern Northern Ireland. Local accumulations of 3-5cm are likely across much of England and Wales, with 5-10cm possible in upland parts exposed to the northeasterly winds. Monday morning appears particularly at risk and is considered the most likely to bring widespread dangerous driving conditions and disruption to transport services.

For enquiries regarding this warning - please contact your regional Met Office.

Transmitted by the Met Office at 09:56 on Thursday 17 February

The sun newspaper

Icy blast to hit Brrritain

BRITAIN is about to be hit by its “coldest weather of the winter” — with temperatures plummeting below zero.

Snow is expected in the north from Saturday night, though eastern areas will be worst affected by falls later.

The cold snap will bring freezing conditions to the Midlands as temperatures on Sunday nosedive to -5°C (23°F).

Weather experts blame freezing winds from Scandinavia and say snow will hit London on Monday.

Met forecaster Richard Stretch added: “Motorists especially need to be aware of icy conditions.”

best get me snow tyres on!

Bang goes the 60's Classic vehicle show that was organised this weekend with the Seven Valley Railway

Ahh sod it.... go to meets anyways...

Fizz the weather in Bradford is always crappy :P

Mores the to point.... hehehe Wales trip should be fun :P

Yey snow..

'Sorry boss, Im snowed in'..  ;)

You obviously don't work from home :crybaby:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050217/325/fco0g.html

K / Ireland Severe Weather Warnings

Advanced Weather Warning

Issued [Thursday February 17 2005 : 2:23:00 PM]

TOI: 17 FEBRUARY 2005 - 14:30Z

Areas Affected : Northern & Eastern Scotland - Northeast England - East Midlands - East Anglia - Southeast England.

The previously issued 'Early Weather Warning' has now been upgraded to an 'Advanced Weather Warning' in association with the onset of wintry weather within the next 2 to 4 days leading to snow and icy conditions.

Confidence continues to grow that the UK will see a significant wintry spell of weather, beginning more especially during the latter stages of Sunday and into Monday of next week within the above mentioned areas as winds change direction from a Northerly flow to a Northeasterly and eventually Easterly into the early part of next week.

Forecast soundings show that the atmosphere will be unstable to sea temperatures as a result plenty of showers will be packing into the above risk areas, again more especially during the latter stages of Sunday and into Monday as the winds become more Northeasterly and eventually Easterly. Trough features will enhance and group shower activity into organised bands pushing them well inland. As temperatures drop below the freezing mark by night, ice will be a problem, more especially where any wintry showers have fallen during the day. A combination of the above conditions will lead to hazardous driving and general travelling conditions, especially by Monday.

This Advanced Weather Warning will likely be upgraded to a Severe Weather Warning as the weekend approaches.

If you have a journey planned for the period in the regions mentioned, you are advised to stay informed of the latest forecasts and travel information.

Please follow all local TV & Radio warnings for more information.

I’ll have to get my string vest out... :D

*Imagine a picture of a geeky looking balding skinny geezer wearing a string vest to emphasise my comical reply............

Nope, I can’t help myself......... I have to post another silly picture to the annoyance to other users so they can visualize my imagination..............

moment_002.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Great! :ffs: Not

We never got any snow here last time, we did a few brief flakes last weekend..didnt amount to anything

bit of snow and ice should make the northern meet a bit more interesteing especially with all the rwd cars :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links