Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Noise

joynenr

Hi.

Recently bought a 53 plate Toyota T4 1.8, although i'm the second owner it had only 6 miles on the clock from new.

It has however got an anoying rattle/sqeak coming from the dashboard/corner pillars.

It has been back to toyota world bridgend on 3 occasions and they still haven't nailed it.

Has anyone else had this problem with a new shape Avensis? If so what's the solution?

Snap! Exactly the same problem - four attempts by the dealers have not cured it. They said it was loose wires but it is definitely not. I think it is caused by different types of plastic chafing together. My fix has been to wedge foam rubber draft strips where the dash meets the windscreen to stop it flexing. Not perfect but much much better now.

Yep, had this on my new T3x also. Luckily, my brother in law is the senior technician at the delaer where I bought it, and I spoke to him about it.

It was booked in and they removed the top of the dash (a quite easy job apparently) and installed some insulation blocks that should have been fitted at the factory but were not. :(

Anyway, it's been 10 months since it was done and I can honestly say that my now 1 year old T3X is a quiet as a baby, and the squeak never once reappeared. :D

If you want a quiet life, insist that they get it sorted. It's worth it believe me.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Andrew

I have the same thing in the same place, appears to come from where the pillar cover meets the dash. Isn't it nice tho to be able to hear a minor squeak! Must admit that because the interior is so nice and quiet, that minor squeak is just beginning to niggle ! My last motor was the opposite - so many rattles and squeaks that I used to worry when one stopped, just in case something had fallen off :P

Had one on a Rav4 which baffled everyone, appeared to come from the same area, had foam stuck down it, silicon sprayed on it, but still it persisted. Eventually caused some minor embarassment when they discovered it was coming from a loose fuse box cover in the engine compartment. :wacko:

Believe me guys (and galls) when the Avensis is sorted (apart from a little road noise) it's quiet - I mean really quiet - even over the bumps.

Or at least mine is :D

Get it sorted :thumbsup:

Andrew

@Norbreck21a

I have exact the same problem and it seems many with me!

I would like to get it sorted but my dealer is just not capable! They will only make it worse.

Do us a favor and ask your brother in law how (in detail) to remove the top of the dash. I'm a technician myself but do need instructions for that type of job.

Thanks (and from all of us!)

Bob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links