Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Got Nos + Performance Figures

swales_p

I was just wondering has anyone on this forum got their tubbie Nos'd + what are the performance figures on this (BHP + Torque).

Cheers :thumbsup:

I havent got mine Nos'd but i am planning to fit Greedys eManage soon, and NOS can be controlled through that, so ws thinking it might be a posibility...but what can my engine handle, thats what id like to know as well as the above if anyone has any ideas ?

Hello!

I have a Wizard kit with 50bhp in my Rev1 Turbo.

It's incredible and figures on a RR day showed an increase of 57bhp.

Had to change the clutch within 6 Months though, the hit comes in fast and hard - boost guage showed an increase of 0.2bar when gas comes in.

The garage (ie Marc at the-garage in Wishaw) mentioned the performance increase with NoS on the MR2 Turbo was one of the best he had felt on any car.

Good investment - trust me!

cheers

Bukie, do you have any other mods on your car ?

I have already done a few bits (see sig) and am a bit concerned that all that PLUS Nos will be too much for my stock internals. :eek:

dont wanna do any internal damage and blow up me car.

what sorta power can stock conrods and pistons handle ? <_<

Does anyone know ? :thumbsup:

Hi there!

My mods are :-

Apexi SAFC - tuned by mark@the-garage - running 11% less fuel at max power.

Customer Zorst by Hayward+Scott - straight through, no silencers

Boost @ 1.2

Apexi filter

Wizard NoS - 50bhp

Larger intake to throttle body

Car came out with 253bhp with no NoS and 306bhp on NoS.

As previosuly mentioned, had to change clutch etc - was a pain, but car doing ok.

I have a problem at the moment in which I messed about with the Dawes device/dump valve - car now running with less ppower and boost does not stay up, drops off fast - needing to find out what this is.

Car has been running fine though for 2 years+

The Apexi SAFC was a big help - these turbos run very high fuel - although this makes it very safe, it's not great for performance and running costs etc - I was surprised how much the-garage decided to drop off....

Hope this helps.

Hi,

It's a Rev1 Turbo and was a one UK owner when I bought it.

Drives great, although the 80mm drop at the rear and 40mm on the front has made it unbearable - more of a weekend car now!

The wizard kit is one of the best NoS kits around (and safest). I had the same unit on a Mitsy FTO prir to the MR2 - was really good..... If setup wrong then it could casue damage, but anyone who knows what they are doing should be fine.

You have a small switch connected to the throttle cable which is activated ONLY when your foot is hard on the floor, however you must still arm this froma switch inside the car. The solenoids which pump in a ixture of fuel and NoS connect into the last rubber section prior to the throttle intake. I think this is why you get sucha hit out of the MR2 with NoS (according to the guys who installed it) - simply becasue the injection of fuel and NoS is at last possible entry.

When I had this unit on my FTO the entry nozzle for fuel and NoS was just after the induction kit, therefore had a bit to go before entering the engine - car felt like it had turbo lag - was weird....

It's a very safe unit, don't believe all the stories about cars blowing up with NoS - as far as I know, Wizard has only ever had this happen twice out of the thousands of applications they have sold and it was only due to user installtion error!

Downside is a bottle costs about £70 to fill up - therefore I never use it anymore to be honest - more show than go - the MR2 turbo is way fast enough for me...!

Thanks for the info mate.

I have looked at NOS before in my boy racer days driving a Nova Gsi !haha. There are so many companies offering it, NOS, Wiards of NOS, Twisted Sanity... and more.... but you recomend Wizards ! I'll go with that then. I never really discussed NOS with someone who has NOS, if ya get me, so ill trust ya judgement.

I have a Rev 1 also, I would prob install the kit myself, but have it all setup on a rolling road.

Do you have a progressive kit, or just a 50hp hit ?

As ive said Trust eManage (which i am gettin soon) can controll NOS, but i dont know exactly how ? can that be used as the progresive controller ?

Hi,

It's a great addition to the car, although to be 100% honest, can't remember the last time I activated it in my MR2 - car seems fast enough (plus I can not afford to refill that 11lb bottle!!)

I don't have a progressive controller, you don't need it with 50bhp and below - next size of nozzles would be 75bhp and you would def need it!

Best thing about the Wizard kit is, once you pay for the entire unit/install etc, it only costs about £15 to add/upgrade at 25bhp per time.

I think these MR2's are rock solid - very well built and strong.

Hope you go for it - you will scare the sh*t out of most scoob STI, porsches, evo etc on any 1/4 mile day esp when gas comes in through 3rd gear, it's incredible...

Glad the advice helped, need anymore, contact me direct, can put you in touch with Marc at the-garage Wishaw, he has done loads on installs/tunning etc - top guy and great tunning garage! (he owns a 600bhp flip skyline - often seen in all the major mags, donnington etc.)

Always wondered about NOS and if the stock internals could handle it.

Jim,

The standard internals will withstand a quick 50 shot of NOS no problem. Just ask Hedgehog Dodger. His motor was pumping out a good 450rwbhp on standard internals! :eek:

Cheers for the replys boys. Im hopeing to be pushing out 300 BHP and with the NOS 400 BHP, should be great fun to drive.

Buckie - have you replaced the clutch with a standard tubie clutch or gone for something more advanced?

Cheers for the replys boys. Im hopeing to be pushing out 300 BHP and with the NOS 400 BHP, should be great fun to drive.

Buckie - have you replaced the clutch with a standard tubie clutch or gone for something more advanced?

Cheers  :thumbsup:

A Rev 1 will be running extremely short of fuel because of the size of the injectors at 290-300bhp. With a 100hp shot of nitrous, you'll do serious damage. :yes:

Cheers  :thumbsup:

A Rev 1 will be running extremely short of fuel because of the size of the injectors at 290-300bhp. With a 100hp shot of nitrous, you'll do serious damage. :yes:

surely if you use a wet kit EarL that has dual solenoids (injecting fuel from one, and NOS from the other) the limits of the Injectors do not come into play.

Or do you mean 300hp without NOS will cause fueling problems ! :blink:

surely if you use a wet kit EarL that has dual solenoids (injecting fuel from one, and NOS from the other) the limits of the Injectors do not come into play.

Or do you mean 300hp without NOS will cause fueling problems ! :blink:

I meant without NOS. :thumbsup:

Ok, so what mods should i be looking for - ive got a rev 2 and would love a +100BHP Nos kit on it.

Internals made from platinum....perhaps you could skimp a little and just fit gold pistons con rods and crank :lol: then you could pump 100jets strait in no worries :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links