Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back Speakers Install Help

T_YARIS_1.0_VVTI_CC

can anyone tell me how i wire 6 x 9's up to my soundsystem please, i heard a rumour that there is a compartment at that back next to the side of the seat, can anyone tell me the best way to wire it up plz :help:

cheers :thumbsup:

Do you have the standard head unit or aftermarket?

I also take it your 6 x 9's will be in the rear parcel shelf.

First of all you will have to remove the dash to connect your wires up to your head unit (see how to guides on removing dash) , the speaker wire goes down behind the head unit and out the back under the carpet under the glove box, from there run the wires under the plastic sills (these pop in and out, use a screwdriver but be careful). From there they can be hidden under the side of the rear seats, and into the boot.

For connecting the wires to your head unit you will need to connect into the adaptor on the rear of the head unit with some of those small electrical connector blocks.

My old yaris has the wire going under the steering wheel. And i pull the sill of with my hand. There you will see a little tunnel with other wires. thread it through from the front door to the back and to hide it behind the plastic part next to the rear seats i....

move the seats forward and flip them over to give more room. Then lift some of the rubbery bit (which starts at the bottom of the rear door sill) which effectively holds the plastic down at the edges. unplug the first plug thingy that holds the rest down and then thread the wire through to the removable bit in the boot with ya hand.

I can put some pics up if ya want but not till wednesday. Someone else will prob. beat me to it.

I'm using toyotas wire loom for fitting my alpines to the rear, snipping the ends off and connecting putting the right speaker connectors on.

DOM

What i did, was disconnect the front Dash Speakers, and used those wires to wire from. When you take off the top dash speaker covers, you notice that there is a hole that goes straight down to the foot well. When you take off the door sils, the part by the footwell bit comes off as well, i just lead the wire down the hole, behind the cover by the foot well, thru under the sills, and under the carpet and behind the rear panel. Looks all neat, not a single wire in View! I will try and get pics a.s.a.p but i havnt been bothered recently to take ne photos. Leave it to Ferrariboy.

ok, cheers H_5hum! :D

I'm on it. Well, tomorrow i mean. cant be ubikd now. One coz my legs wont carry me - been playing badminton! and two, its dark outside.

I'll do it when i can tomorrow. actually, make that today.

DOM

By the way, my idea of using toyota's wire loom (that goes all the way the boot) has gone ar5e over t1t.

I spent £15 on a green wire loom and its about 8cm long! Now if my calculations are correct, a 5 door t-sport is longer than 8cm! Turns out that this one converts the two sets of front Speakers to one plug socket in the head unit, leaving a free socket to recieve the rear cabling. And this long cable i need only comes with da speaker kit, which i'm not gunna spend £50 on coz its pants.

Heres some pictures, as promised.

This one show where to put the cable along the door sills. The plastic just pulls off.

IMG_1693.JPG

The next show how to hide the cable behide the plastic next to the rear seats. Pull the rubber up, then pull the plastic near the two white plugs to release it slightly.

IMG_1694.JPG

Finally, thread the cable through with ya arm like so:

IMG_1695.JPG

The cable you see hear is toyotas, which came with their own Speakers (my older yaris).

As for the head unit end, see the how to section if you need to. But i dunno if your using toyotas or ya own equipment. Toyota's own gear is easy to fit yaself. Not fully found out how to fit after market gear.

the last bit seems a lot of work to come out in the boot, is it not easier to go under the carpet after the last sill, (circled in red) and behind the seat and into the boot.

IMG_1694.jpg

I suppose it is but i'd prefer to do it that way. I doesn't take long at all. Five mins i'd say.

T_YARIS_1.0_VVTI_CC: I'll put a picture of my head unit up if you like as well. It'll show ya where to plug it in.

Thats how I did mine.... worked brilliantly :) except if you hook up the speaker cable from wiring loom to an Amp it means that your dash Speakers dont work (as the resistance across them isnt the same as if they were plugged into Speakers - just a problem to watch out for mebbe)

Good luck with it all :) what Speakers you putting in? Show us some pics when ya done! ;)

Wow that looks like a lot of effort. I had a wrd with MrT to find out how the dash comes apart.

Then hooked up a second pair of speaker leads ... ran behind dash and then tucked the cables under the trim (without removing it) until it reached the back seats - then into window trim and back to shelf.

I cut the rear shelf and mounted the Speakers ... took about 2 hours or similar.

Good deep sound ... well worth doing.

Since then I've had a custom rear shelf made by a very kind TOC member ...

I thought i'd add some pics of the head unit to help understand how to connect them up! Here they are.

this one shows the standard set up with the four Speakers up front. (door and windscreen). Note that the two plugs have their owe channel, if thats the term. What i mean is by adjusting the fade to F15 all sound goes through the right hand cable to the windscreen Speakers and R15 goes to the door Speakers.

IMG_1696.jpg

This next pic shows my toyota cable that i got the other day for £15. You plug the door and windscreen speakers into it to so they become one. Which leaves room to bung your rears in. Not sure how i'm gunna get the right connector for the HU. The black cable you see in the pic is tempory, stolen from my 1.0 which has all toyota gear fitted! I'll put it back when i've found an answer for my TS!

IMG_1698.jpg

Now the door and windscreen speakers become the front fade and the rear become R. Which i spose is obvious.

DOM

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links