Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Mulitchangers

lewis23285

Hello All,

My Yaris is coming up to its fortnight birthday on Friday - absolutely loving it :wub:

Quick question... I was thinking of installing a cd-multichanger, using these instructions. I just wondered though, has anybody experimented putting a changer in the glovebox? I took some measurements and it would fit, except the interiors of the glovebox are all curvy, so it might be hard to screw the changer on. ????

Secondly, in the example on that link, does anybody know how you actually screw the unit into the tray? do units generally come with mountings?

Cheers for all your help.

Lewis

I installed my cd changer in under seat thingy. I didn't screw the thing in as I couldn't find any room for the screws... What I done was get some velcro tape stuff. You stick one side of the tape on the changer and match the pattern on the tray with the opposite side of the velcro. Works like a charm :thumbsup:

Changer doesn't move or jump - ever (unles you slide the tray out when its playing).

I have a minidisc changer in my glovebox and it fits fine, its just a wee bit tricky to the the top MD in because of the metal loop for the latch.

Its help in by 4 holes drilled in the "top" of the box and then zip ties (I kid you not - toyota sanctioned install) look round and clutch it in place. It works a treat and the whole thing is far more convenient than the proper Toyota placement of under the driver's seat.

There's a piccy of it in my garage (link in my sig), but if you want more detailed pics then just ask.

Hope that helps,

Alan :thumbsup:

Hi Lewis,

Following on from your PM, below are the pics of my MD changer and the glovebox that you asked for.

I stuck them here as I thought they may be helpful for others too :thumbsup;

Cheers,

Alan

Glovebox-Install-01.jpg

Glovebox-Install-02.jpg

Glovebox-Install-03.jpg

Glovebox-Install-04.jpg

Glovebox-Install-05.jpg

Thanks very much Alan! The pictures and instructions are excellent.

Cheers,

Lewis

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links