Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It's Driving Me Mad

Blue84

Hi All,

I did do a search for this but I couldn't find what I need, so apologies!

The Blue has a constantly whistling driverside wing mirror and it's crazy, it seems to appear any speed over 10 mph. It's not a quiet whistle, it's very loud and high-pitched and rarely disappears. I know it seems to be a common problem with Yarii but what can be done to solve it?

I must also say that I got to drive a T-Sport yesterday (thanks to Yves) and it was brilliant - left hand drive aswell ;)

We also fitted Devil Horns to the Blue yesterday aswell (thanks to Kimi)..am liking the look a lot :)

devilhorns.jpg

devilhorns2.jpg

Cheers,

Blue

Take off the interior panel of the mirror.. just pulls off, and see if there is a seal or someting gone.. if it looks ok.. pack it with something to stop the wind noise then put the cover back on... might work, might not... if not turn the radio up a bit, :lol:

Edit: i too got the horn yesterday :thumbsup:

Perhaps something needs bonding somewhere? I dont know - never had a problem with whistling wing mirrors!

Or it might just be a case of turn the music louder and wind the windows up - although your windows shouldnt be down anyway now you have the air con! :lol:

Are you 100% sure its coming from the mirror?

Nice horns btw! ;)

Mine has exactly the same whistle and ranges from 10mph - 50mph. Luckily, you can only hear it when the Window is down. I have taken mine back to Mr T twice now and they can't figure it out (also, because you can't hear it when the window is up they arn't that helpful). Gonna give them another chance when the service is up in bout 1000 miles and if not, i'm gonna put pen to paper and write to Mr T. If anyone does know how to solve this, let me know!

Thanks

Yarisldc

lhd is a good thing??? :lol:

and lol at the mirrors. stop being a fussy cow! PEOPLE WILL THINK ITS A TURBO!!!! get one of those fake dump valves! sorted :thumbsup:

Mine only whistles with the window down so its not a problem as I don't like having the window open...

Isn't it odd driving a LHD Yaris? Its the same - but really different :wacko:

:thumbsup:

A

and lol at the mirrors. stop being a fussy cow! PEOPLE WILL THINK ITS A TURBO!!!! get one of those fake dump valves! sorted :thumbsup:

Oh god

Visions of chavs testing that dump valve simulator stand at donny show and modded nationals come rushing back... :(

Oh god

Visions of chavs testing that dump valve simulator stand at donny show and modded nationals come rushing back... :(

Wasnt there but i can just imagine it!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

eeer.. thats well gud!wikid man!

CB :thumbsup:

Whistling wing mirrors..... yeah, they do that. :P

Didn't happen on my old 1 litre P1.

I've got a solution of sorts though. It's in the CD player.... Def Leppard's Greatest Hits. :lol:

Hmm.... :thumbsup:

I get no whistles, even at top speed (not that i'd know... how quick was i to tibshelf chris??!! :lol: ) it must be something to do with those 'crappy' pahse two's! :lol::lol::lol:

I have the same problem, and I drive with my window open most days, but I thought it was the window rather than the mirror, as if I open the window fully it makes less noise. Maybe it's the way the air hit's the window.

There's a TSB to fix whistling mirrors on the echodrivers website. if you can't find it, pm me and i'll send you the file(70kb pdf) or administrators email for web posting

There's a TSB to fix whistling mirrors on the echodrivers website. if you can't find it, pm me and i'll send you the file(70kb pdf) or administrators email for web posting

Gotcha! Clicky!

Never noticed that before, thanks for the tip Gerard :thumbsup:

Alan

Thanks Gerard, Printed it off and ready to take down to Mr T to sort our tomorrow!

Yarisldc

Yarisldc, let us know how you get on at the Toyota garage. Is it covered under the UK Warranty? If you get the work done did it improve things? etc.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Gerard, Printed it off and ready to take down to Mr T to sort our tomorrow!

Yarisldc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links