Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Rav4 Manual.

Uncle Bob

We all need a workshop manual from time to time, and i recently bought the Chilton one off Amazon ( covers both generation 1 and 2 Rav4 models ).

Amazon , sell both the Haynes and Chilton manuals, the Chilton one seems to be the best buy. The strange thing is ,both books are made and printed by Haynes, the haynes book cost £17.99 and has 320 pages, the Chilton book cost £12.35 and has 400 pages ;) .

Weather you go for Haynes or Chilton, remember they are both written for the american/canadian market, but even taking that into account, they are still worth buying ,just as general reference books.

My recommendation would be the Chiltion one.....unless you know different :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1...9982640-7859005

Thanks Bob - I didn't think they would do one so I didn't even look - going to get one now for sure ...

I've just ordered the haynes one.

So i'll let you know if it's any good. :bookworm:

:thumbsup:

Thanks Bob - I didn't think they would do one so I didn't even look - going to get one now for sure ...

yeh - i bought a chilton one too, helped me when removing the rear bumpers to fit my parking sensors.

Some of the wiring is slightly different colours etc. but for what it's worth it's great as a reference book

• 2 years later...

AM I correct in thinking that Haynes only do a USA version of the RAV guide .

Is this right ??

Is there an alternative book anywhere for my UK Rav 4.1 ??

AM I correct in thinking that Haynes only do a USA version of the RAV guide .

Is this right ??

Is there an alternative book anywhere for my UK Rav 4.1 ??

I got the Haynes manual the week after I got the RAV, even though for the USA it is as near as dam the same as the UK model. I won't be ripping the head off of changing the timing chain etc but ideal for all those easier jobs...showing the transmission drain points, removing trim as previously mentioned, etc,etc...so for around £12.00 it's worth the info found in the pages...

Cheers

John

We all need a workshop manual from time to time,

Sure do, that is why when I acquired my 4.1 I tried to purchase a Toyota factory one — with previous makes, I have always found it saved money in the end.

the Chilton one seems to be the best buy. The strange thing is ,both books are made and printed by Haynes, the haynes book cost £17.99 and has 320 pages, the Chilton book cost £12.35 and has 400 pages ;) .

I missed this and bought my Chilton one from Haynes where they are both the same price!

Weather you go for Haynes or Chilton, remember they are both written for the american/canadian market, My recommendation would be the Chiltion one.....unless you know different

Actually, the Haynes USA one is co-edited by the same author as the Chilton one, but Haynes is producing an English version (presumably with the UK hard covers) that should be available in September or October of this year. Alas, I do not know whether it covers all models to that date with equal amounts of text, but this is their usual way of doing things.

Having been up to my neck in trying to sort out what a local garage did when changing a head gasket (4.1), I should like a little more than either gives on both the theory of the management system and basic things like which vacuum pipe goes where. Still, both US versions are better than nothing.

George

So back to my UK Rav does anyone know which aspects of the RAV will be different in the USA version?

Just the wiring ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links