Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Checkout This

Lenry

http://www.getinlane.com

It's about road safety and law, there are questions answered about neon lights, window stickers also what will fail the MOT. You know that sort of thing.

I hope it helps if not it's a good read any how.

Not sure if this site clears up a few myths or not, my old MOT officer said that by law you can have any colour side lights as long as both are the same colour, he also said the police will stop you tho, but its not an MOt failure..

regarding the zorst, my old mini had a scaffold pole from the engine, was lous as hell but passed every MOT, got stopped a few times by the fuzz, they looked at it and sent me on my way because it wasnt blowing. Most after market zorsts are louder than stock..

Seems its up to the officers descression, I still see loads of blue LED washers going about.

JappyBeast Posted Today, 01:35 AM

Seems its up to the officers descression, 

:yes::yes: Thats what I find, if you ever get 'pulled' and are polite you will nearly always be allowed to go on your way with no problems.

A lot of times you find the constable in question is a vehicle enthusiast himself and just wants an excuse to have a look at your vehicle. An example of this is when I was traveling with a lady friend of mine who had a 1957 Series 1 Landrover. The policeman pulled us over and said "why no wearing of seatbelts" and he was smiling. We politely pointed out "due to age vehicle was not fitted with them". The copper laughed and said he knew, he only pulled us over because he wanted to have a look at the Land Rover the reason being ... he was restoring a 1956 example :lol: .

JappyBeast Posted Today, 01:35 AM

Seems its up to the officers descression, 

:yes::yes: Thats what I find, if you ever get 'pulled' and are polite you will nearly always be allowed to go on your way with no problems.

A lot of times you find the constable in question is a vehicle enthusiast himself and just wants an excuse to have a look at your vehicle. An example of this is when I was traveling with a lady friend of mine who had a 1957 Series 1 Landrover. The policeman pulled us over and said "why no wearing of seatbelts" and he was smiling. We politely pointed out "due to age vehicle was not fitted with them". The copper laughed and said he knew, he only pulled us over because he wanted to have a look at the Land Rover the reason being ... he was restoring a 1956 example :lol: .

Now thats funny, and a waste of time.

i used to have that in my 78 mgb gt th elocal copper always used to pull me over have a chat with me as he had an identiccal car, normally when wlaking awya hed point out something like tax expired etc etc, best one was driving thru a speed trap doin 30 in a 30 and he pulle dme over and said, "its far to nice a road to do 30 in put ur foor down mate" legend

Indeed - some scary answers in there. Like the air bag warning light is on. No worries mate, it's not included in the MOT!

Knew someone who had a newish USA Police car with 'Patrol' written down the side, he got sick of the UK coppers pulling him up just to look at the car.

It would annoy me eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
i  used to have that in my 78 mgb gt th elocal copper always used to pull me over have a chat with me as he had an identiccal car, normally when wlaking awya hed point out something like tax expired etc etc, best one was driving thru a speed trap doin 30 in a 30 and he pulle dme over and said, "its far to nice a road to do 30 in put ur foor down mate" legend

were u drunk when u wrote that?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links