Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattleing Rav4

Kudos+

Ive never known a car to rattle as much as my dads 2000 xreg 1.8 3dr nv rav. Its so annoying. When it was new there was a problem with the fanbelt squeeling, the left back suspension squeeks, theres an annoyin rattle comeing from behind the dashboard and the left back window also rattles, oh and when going over rough ground with the windows are down the drivers side one rattles and bangs about. Now there is a fresh squeek comeing from under the bonnet which my dad seems to think is a bearing or something?, as its not any of the belts. Does anyone else have a rattley rav4 or have we got a dodgey one?

Dont get me wrong we love the car the way it looks, drives, handles etc... just a pitty it has to do everything with a rattle or a squeek!

:censor:

Try having a look on the "RAV4WORLD" site - you will find some TSB's on there covering some of the known rattle fixes.

I spent quite a bit of time on mine when I first got it fiddling around fixing the rattles (mainly cabin trim etc rather than suspension) and apart from the parcel shelf and drivers window (only at a specific opening) it is now pretty quiet.

Perhaps some others have some ideas too - come on folks ...

Try having a look on the "RAV4WORLD" site - you will find some TSB's on there covering some of the known rattle fixes.

I spent quite a bit of time on mine when I first got it fiddling around fixing the rattles (mainly cabin trim etc rather than suspension) and apart from the parcel shelf and drivers window (only at a specific opening) it is now pretty quiet.

Perhaps some others have some ideas too - come on folks ...

Remember reading an article about cables behind the radio and dash, need a bit of foam wrapping round them ,to stop the noise ;)

The dash rattle could be the scuttle trim problem, It does sound to be from the radio, It may also be the radio itself that needs padding out

The squeek from the rear suspension - Toyota modified the rear suspension arms

The problem was where the spring left the seat it rubbed on the arm

An insulater was added unsuccesfully and then they changed the shape of the arm

Not aware of any noises under the bonnet other than the belts that have now been modified

• 2 weeks later...

The dash rattle could be the scuttle trim problem, It does sound to be from the radio, It may also be the radio itself that needs padding out

The squeek from the rear suspension - Toyota modified the rear suspension arms

The problem was where the spring left the seat it rubbed on the arm

An insulater was added unsuccesfully and then they changed the shape of the arm

Not aware of any noises under the bonnet other than the belts that have now been modified

Creaky dashboard is a common problem. The noise is caused by a length of underbonnet cowling which rubs against the body panel that holds the base of the windscreen, causing a cracking noise whenever you go over bumps. The solution is a Toyota repair kit which consists of felt pads. When stuck between the cowl and the bodywork, these cure the problem completely. What's more, the job is covered under warranty. Just quote Toyota Service Bulletin NV004-01 to your dealer. If that fails, I'll E-mail you the document myself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links