Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diagnostic Connectors

0lordy

Hi there,

Hope you can help me with a pretty basic problem. I'm trying to locate the diagnostic connectors on my 1998 Avensis, but having no luck. This is stemming from the "Check Engine" light which came on yesterday.

I'm assuming it's in or around the engine as opposed to under the steering column, but maybe I'm wrong.

To make things really simple for me, I've taken a picture of the engine, if someone could have a look, and tell me the location, that would be great.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronanburk...3b0.jpg&.src=ph.

I have checked other posts & sites, but I'm still at a loss.

Hope you can help.

Thanks lots

jb

On my rav it's in the C3 region. But you are looking for a black box with a lid, and I think they say DLC or sommat on them.

under the steering column on the right hand side you see a cubby hole box thing that pops out, pull out and this is where the fuse box is, further down is where the diagnostic connector is

hope this helps

neil.

Thanks a million for the replies - located the connectors beside the steering column - got code 33, whcih I believe related to "Intake Constrictor control signal fault" according to www.rennacs.com. Not too sure if this is the correct code description - on a lot of code lists on the web there is no "33", so I'm wondering if there's a definitive code list relating to 1998 Toyotas out there?

Looks like I'll have to take it in to Mr. T, but if anyone can give me more info beforehand that would be great.

Thanks lots,

jb

Thanks a million for the replies - located the connectors beside the steering column - got code 33, whcih I believe related to "Intake Constrictor control signal fault" according to www.rennacs.com.  Not too sure if this is the correct code description - on a lot of code lists on the web there is no "33", so I'm wondering if there's a definitive code list relating to 1998 Toyotas out there?

Looks like I'll have to take it in to Mr. T, but if anyone can give me more info beforehand that would be great.

Thanks lots,

jb

Autodata for a 1998 Avensis says a code 33 is;

Fault Location: Intake Manifold air control solenoid 2 malfunction

Probable Cause: Wiring, intake manifold air control solenoid 2, ECM

OR

Fault Location: Idle Speed Control system Malfunction

Probable Cause: Wiring, IAC valve, ECM

This is purely what I read from the Autodata CD, and in no way is intented for you take take this as a diagnosis of any problems in your car.

Thanks very much for that. The light just went off today, but it's going in for a service on Friday, so hopefully they can figure out what the problem is/was.

Thanks all for your help,

jb

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links