Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressures?!?!

Dan H

Gents,

ive done a quick search through the forums but cant find any tyre pressures for aftermarket wheels/tyres. Basically, im running 215/40/17 and 235/45/17 but i have no idea as to what pressure they should be at. Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Dan

I have 29psi on the front and 30psi on the rear although I have 235/40/17's. I don't know if this is the best setup but it seems to work for me. I have stripped out the front of the car and I get no understeer, I could probably put more in the rear...In other words I could do with a hand on this :-p

Does anyone know the formula for working out tyre pressures, might be good as a sticky.

Its really a matter of personal preference,, granted, there will be a "correct" pressure.. but, tyre pressures change in different weather conditions etc (when they get hot, the pressure increases, this is why you should check your tyre pressure every week). I would set them to 29psi front and rear to start with, then see how the car handles and adjust to your own driving style.. but i wouldn't really go above 33psi. (there is always a maximum pressure for each tyre.. its written on the sidewall, DON'T exceed this pressure)

It's a matter of preference... 32/34 should be fine but play with a 2 split between front and rear. On track and in the dry on heavy runs had mine up as high as 34/37 which worked superbly...

It all depends on how you drive....

On track and in the dry on heavy runs had mine up as high as 34/37 which worked superbly...

Remember.. some tyres have a maximum pressure of 36psi.. don't go above it.. on the other hand, some standard car tyres do go up to 44psi.. check the small print on the sidewalls.

cheers all,

i'll get myself down to the garage in the morning for a tyre pressure/valet combo!

:thumbsup:

Run my 18's at 33/36 thats 215/35 on front and 225/40 on rear

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links