Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

9th of October Meet

msherry21

Hi all, Just though while I was on I'd start a post for the next meet, Is everyone happy with the date? the 1st Sunday of the month, we could do the week after that. This should be quite a cheap meet, really only petrol money and food needed.

weather permitting a BBQ on a loch beach, A good drive north, staying over on the saturday night for people driving from Gala, edinburgh and Glasgow Area's. I'll see what deal I can get off my mate.

What are your thoughts/ ideas? again, I'm sure Alan can give us some good info...especially that drive he was talking about.

Lets get names down aswell:

1. Msherry21 (michael)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanbradley

• Ryan1985

• blue-baby

• msherry21

Hang on and let me check with my diary... Oh1 what a surpries, I seem to be free ;)

Count me in then...

1. Msherry21 (michael)

2. Alan

I'm not free but I'll get the time off! My gran has died about 8 times this year already! :P

1. Msherry21 (Michael)

2. Alan

3. Ryan

Both me and my mrs are working :( but.. we are both off the week after. Can it be changed so i can finally make a Scottish meet? If not, theres alway the next time.. or time after that :lol:

right, we'll change this to the 9th if everyone is ok with this, its about time CFC came to a meet, I'll let Alan choose where he thinks is best to go. we should try and make it a bit different some how, a good drive anyway then stop for lunch or possibly a BBQ on a beach overlooking a fantastic loch, loads of good photos to make that english mob jealous.

no camping, unless you want to, My mate has a 4 star hotel overlooking Skye, He would definately get us a good deal if anyone fancies it, saves to long a drive and an excuse for a ***** up on the Saturday night. I'm sure we'd get plenty of free frinks from the great hotel bar.....many a cheap night spent there playing pool till the early hours!

come on people, any other ideas?

SUNDAY 9th would be great for me and the mrs... :thumbsup: :D a good drive sounds good.. bbq or bar lunch or whatever.. don't know about staying over.. depends on funds for hotel etc.. but i don't mind a late drive home.. been there done that and got the t-shirt... i don't mind driving home during the night if it's a real late night (alcyhol free for me cos i'd be driving)

I hope its ok with the others.. but, obviously, the majority peoples needs comes 1st... if you know what i mean :)

Davy.

Will be in the Yaris.. not the 2.

I'm up for the 9th, suits me!

Well get some prices off your mate Mikey and I'll see if I can afford it! :)

Heather, its unlikely they'll be another girl going along unless one of us guys gets lucky very soon! ;)

Davy's wife will be there aswell if he brings her! :thumbsup:

She will be there... so, girly chat for the ladies :lol:

Its getting close Rico, I hope everythings going ok. you got a baby seat for the car yet....wee recaro badges and a harness, quality!

Hopefully all 3 of you will manage the next one, we'll get a baby/car photo shoot.

Yeah mate its getting close alright!

Had a close call last night and ended up in the hospital but no baby yet!

We'll all try for the next one!

Good Luck Rico...

Right... onus is on me then :unsure:

I'm away this weekend, but I'll try to formulate a bit of a plan and stick it up on Monday :thumbsup:

If Michael could get accommodation prices (and send me an e-mail or pm saying which hotel it is so I know its location) then that would be great.

Alan

Oh yeah, 8th & 9th are good for me too... :lol:

to get an idea of a price, could I get an idea of numbers?

the hotel is called the "Balmacara Hotel" so their website is:

can you guess it....

www.balmacarahotel.co.uk

have a look, see what you think, I'll hopefully get it cheap...fingers crossed. The hotel is in Balmacara, Kyle Of Lochalsh, Ross-shire.

I'll post more info when I get it.

cheers.

So much for mates rates, he's quoting 42 quid per perdon per night, including breakfast, I think...SOD THAT!!!, but I'm sure we could get a cheap deal in a travelodge if we still wanted, somewhere where you pay per room instead of per person, or it could just be an early start and more driving on the sunday,

your thoughts?

For me an overnighter is out of the question.. married with 3 kids, would be too expensive for 5 of us, and no, we can't leave the kids behind :lol:

I think an early start Sunday morning... then a good drive to somewhere picturesque. Pub lunch or picnic (it's a fiver for a cheese sandwich at Balmaha.. Loch Lomond :eek:) along with some photo operchansities... followed by another drive before heading home sometime later in the evening.

Yeah that sounds great to me! We could all just bring some food each, and have a mahoosive picnic/BBQ.....weather dependant as always!

Now wheres Alan with a route? lots of photo opportunities would be nice, I keep fogetting to take photos at our events!

I'll mount the camera and make a short video of the day too.

anymore ideas on numbers yet?

Early start, drive north.. stopping for a bite to eat at lunchtime.. where? no idea.. but i think north of Perth.. or around that distance from Glasgow/Edinburgh, then head further north to a nice Loch for piccy's and dinner (portable BBQ's are quite cheap) clean up our mess... then, by that time it could either be time for a drive again.. or time to start heading towards home..(some could be working on Monday morning) again a stop could be had.

Hmmm... just lost the first reply I wrote :angry:

Right, based on what Davy and Michael have said (and there ain't no Travelodge in Kyle of Lochalsh :P ) here's a simpler, one day plan that might just work...

Meet on the outskirts of Perth (Tesco carpark opposite Struans Toyota okay for everyone?)

Head north through the Sma' Glen towards Aberfeldy and then on to the banks of Loch Tay. Depending how many times we stop for photos 'n' stuff we may want to stop for either lunch or a coffee (personally I like the BBQ or picnic idea).

Down the side of the loch for a bit (the whole thing gets a bit hazy here - depends on the time and/or weather really) then right towards Lawers and Glen Lyon then if we have time over towards Loch Tummel and out to the A9 but if not then back to the A9 via Aberfeldy and Ballinluig.

You guys turn South and I head North... :D

Its a bit of a "this is where I'm from" tour but the roads are both accessible for you guys and pretty interesting too.

Ummm... Yeah, here's a PDF file of what I'm thinking. Ignore the times and stuff, but look up the roads on a map and let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Alan

TOC_Outing_09_10_05.pdf

That looks great Alan, I knew you would come up with the goods! Does that route take in the road with the sign you posted in a previous post? the (dangerous road, no caravans and people with a nervous disposition)? I hope so, that looks awesome, plenty of photos to be had at that sign.

Basically were looking to show the english Tocers (that sounds rude) how the Scots do a meet...and no doubt that we can still have fun in horrendous weather!

so numbers so far are:

1. michael

2. Alan

3. Davy

4. Ryan

5. Ryan's brother?

6. Jim.....no doubt!

7. Graham and Heather

8. Ross (Mr2)?

9. Ross (SR)?

Does that route take in the road with the sign you posted in a previous post? the (dangerous road, no caravans and people with a nervous disposition)? I hope so, that looks awesome, plenty of photos to be had at that sign.

No, sorry - that particular few miles of entertainment is just too far north to be realistic in a day when we have to stop for photos and stuff. It would be a 10 hour round trip without any stops or anything.

Next time... ;)

A

Sounds good to me :thumbsup: some cracking scenery around those parts.

...... sign you posted in a previous post? the (dangerous road, no caravans and people with a nervous disposition)?.....

No, sorry - that particular few miles of entertainment is just too far north to be realistic in a day........

A

Is this the road that goes to Thusro (might be a bit vague.. been years since i was as far north) very much single trackish with 2 way traffic.. sharp bend at the bottom of a hill.. steep drop and no barrier??? :lol:

No, but I know the bit of the A9 you're thinking of... the bit with all the run-off areas for the trucks? There's another bit of A9 right up almost at thurso that's amazing:- flat, with great visibility and I imagine that high speeds wouldbe prefectly safe there in the right conditions.

The road in question is the one from Lochcarron to Applecross - its unnumbered as far as I know - called the Bealach-na-ba...

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership