Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time For Change

Viper_7

Well, I've not been looking but I've got the oppotunity to acquire a new car...but what to do...

Tis a Volvo S60 D4 SE 2.4 Litre turbo Diesel 6- speed manual - 185BHP with all the toys. Combined mpg is around 48. She's done 25K so a little over average for her age at 14 months but still a snap at 13K. it's around 25K New., I know the current owner too. A bit of research shows it should be around 15K

slight change from the TS!!

I have a little un now..who's no longer not so little, so it's a pain strapping in her in the back etc.

I've always wanted to go back to turbo diesel's as well.

downsides of course..insurance is higher..general maintenace ie tyres is higher..service interval is 20K though

However I think it's a lot of car for the money.

My TS is now 3 years old..and is worth around 6K looking at the facts and figures.

Another couple of years it will only be around 3-4 K what with the new models coming out etc..where as if I got the Volvo...it will still be around 10-12 K easy,

and she's also less thirsty.

I do like to drive though...Ts is great fun... Volvo is much more powerfull and much quicker..but I wouldn't say it would be as much "fun" but I'm also after praticality too...can't get my boat sails in the TS for example!

Thoughts...? as I never like changing cars.so many choices..although never really had any problems with any of them...and the TS has been the best yet.

Vipes

Well, I've not been looking but I've got the oppotunity to acquire a new car...but what to do...

Tis a Volvo S60 D4 SE    2.4 Litre turbo Diesel  6- speed manual - 185BHP with all the toys.

Ah..............but does it have Sat Nav ;) :lol::lol:

Nice choice of car...............hope you don't miss the TS too much :thumbsup:

It is a lot of car for the money - its a good deal on the Volvo and S60's are big cars (and from what I gather, very luxurious as well!)

Its a hard choice, but if it was me in your situation with a little un and this came to me, I'd take it! It just seems like too good a deal to pass up! :yes:

I won't be selling my trusty 2.99 AA road map with the TS.. I'd take it with me!

but no it doesn't!

It is a big car aye..and I've read that you look like an idiot trying to park it, as the turning circle is dire..and belive it or not..no rear parking sensors..which is daft as you can't see much out the rear!

Think I've already convinced myself...we'll see what transpires..

Vipes

I'd quite like to have a volvo one day......the police use them for there moterway patrol around here, and lets say that they can go if they want to :thumbsup: !

Don't forget that you have also got to buy a few things when you get your car such as a Flat Cap, Smoking Pipe, and a Dog just to finish it off :thumbsup: !

Sounds like a good opportunity to miss, I'd go for it if I was in your situation..

Shame to see the TS go tho if you do get the Volvo :(

that sounds like a good price - what year?

tis 14 months old.

took it for a spin today...holy cow.. it's a license destroyer! First gear as with all diesels it just to get her rolling it' redlines in first at around 15mph! but after that awesome, and soooo much Torque and the seats are the best my derrier has ever encountered! Heating/ Air-controls isn't just front and back...but left and right! so each person can have their own individual settings.

Sadly this isn't the model with the adjustable suspension but I loved it..excellent car..got back in my Yaris tonight and all the rattles stood out a mile.

Hope I get it now! there may be other interest...we shall see. 29th is the dead-line.

Vipes

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've got it, get the keys tomorrow...

So, it's goodbye to the Yaris TS, and hello to the oil burner!