Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Leather Seats!

SyCelicaGT

Just put a deposit down on some leather seats from a scrap yard who had a 94 import with full leather trim. Got the whole interior (whatever I want) for £100! Bargin!

Was hoping you guys n' gals can tell me how to remove the seats front and rear. Shouldn't think it would be too hard but is there anything I should know before I attack it?

Cheers all.

Piece of p*** to remove mate. If it`s the same as the gen 5.

Fronts.. Slide the seat right back. Remove plastic covers from front of runners, they only clip on. Then undo 1 x 14 mm bolt each runner. Slide seats right forward same thing at the rear of the runners. Out they come.

Rears... Pull up sharply on the front of the squab and pull the squab forward. The back rests are held in with bolts at the bottom hinge plates. 12mm i think. two in the middle and one either side, Release the upper catches and the jobs done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers all, I know they are a right bargin! I rang up Padworth breakers looking for a new arm rest and centre trim cause the guy before me had done some minor damage to them both then he told me he had a 94 celica with full black leather trim and he would sell the whole interior to me for £100 I nearlly bit his hand off (I don't think he had a clue how rare they are)

Anyway I got the stuff home yesterday and will fit it this week if I get a chance. The leathers are just like MIP's can't wait to fit them. (small rip next on side of leather seat on the drivers side but I have had a quote to get this restored for £40 so that's no biggy.

However the plan was to fit the door cards as a whole as they were in perfect condition, but when I got the lot home I noticed the guy who had removed it (dodgy looking 17 year old) has ripped the passenger side door card at the top near where it would join the tweeter speaker. So I can not install the whole door card now, and will have to find a way of tranfering just the small leather peice of trim next to the door handle to my exisitng door card. It looks like it is just glued in (no screws present) but if anyone knows any more about this small peice of trim next to the door handle and how to remove it then I would love to know, would save me some invastigation work.

Will get some pics up when I have the lot it the car!

you won't end up with a spare drivers door card will you???

The owner before be had damaged and repaired the drivers door card, let me know if yours is OK and if it will be spare!!

Cheers

Sotal - yeah the driver's door should be spare. However the drivers door does have a couple of minor scrapes and the bottom of the cloth trim is starting to come away, but you can hardly notice that. Will keep you posted.

daktari - Cheers by the way, for the walk through, will come in handle especially for the rear seats as they look like thay may become tricky.

I`ve just bought some leather seats too. :D

gallery_12498_75_1126630928.jpg

Unfortunately they`re attached to a 5 series BMW. :lol:

Sy - this is the damaged door card in my ST, is it the same as the spare one you will end up with???

Image in Gallery

The damage to mine is above the door handle (a very slight, but longish scratch) and the bottom part of fabric is coming away (again, very slightly) on the oval shaped trim peice to the rear of the door handle. I think you would be better sticking with your's to be honest, because your damage is not too visable when the door is shut, whereas mine you can see all the time. I would just contact a few breakers yards near you and I am sure you will get lucky. However, If you still want it you can come and get it for free once I have the new ones fitted. Will take some phone camera photo's of the damage tonght as I am trying to fit the new seats tonight.

Also is that leather on your door cards? mine are covered in cloth over the oval section.

I wouldn't say it was leather, but it's not cloth - I would have guessed at some sort of imitation leather - it's the same stuff as the lid to the armrest. I thought they all came like that.

Oh well - Thanks very much for the offer but it does sound like yours were different. Is mine the same as your new leather ones????

I just need to drop on a full leather interior for £100 :lol:

Yeah your ones are the same plastic leather as the new door cards I have brought. But I have taken apart the new door cards to see if I could seperate the leather oval section (as the new door card is ripped at top) and it is stuck on hard to the door card with some bad ***** glue and there is no way of removing it without using force so I don't quite know what to do with the passenger door now. Looks like I will have to reevaluate my plan!

Anyway, fitted the seats front and rear tonight and they look sweet as! Peice of ***** to fit! Got some pictures which I will post tomorrow.

That's good to know Sy,

I'll keep an eye out at the breakers for the leather seats then - good to know they will match the rest of my interior - just strange that the ST came with leather door cards??? Have any other ST owners got leather door cards or are they something that has been added to mine????

Cheers

Right here are the pics' I am very pleased with the result, what do you think?

25f70aa3.jpg

9818ff32.jpg

e217ac70.jpg

Here is the damage that stupid 17 year old did to the new passenger door card:

Visable section:

e802156c.jpg

Back of door card:

bffe2554.jpg

What an idiot! he has really messed up my plans for replacing the door cards. Ah well will have to see if I can get the oval section off even though it is glued to the card hard!

Very nice!!

Maybe heating up that glue with a hair dryer will help to soften it??? If not there might be some solvent that will break it down, just got to be careful not to damage the leather!

Got a nice set of front and rear cloth seats to sell now if anyone wants them just let me know otherwise they will go to the highest bidder on eBay. Pictures upon request.

Yeah sotal I reckon heat may shift them, will have a stab on Sunday.

Sotal, my st has the leather door cards to i thought they were all like that to be honest at least all the ones i test drove were like that any way.

SyCelicaGT, Your new seats looks excellent what a bargin!!

Cheers all.

Sh*t looks like I got shafted on the door card material, perhaps it is something to do with mine being a uk model?

Maybe the guy or gal who brought my car from new was a bit pikey with the extras?! I certainly don't have any A/C, got the sun roof instead, they probably skimped on the trim too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links