Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pink Coolant

Bluefly

Bought a 2002 Celica back in Aug, and am wanting to find out where to get this pink collant it uses. Do I have to get it from the Dealer, or is there anywhere else I can get it?

And what's this TOC! I've been seeing on some posts?

Bluey

To get the Toyota Approved stuff you do pretty much have to get it through your dealer (as far as I know Halfords and others don't do a re-bottled equivalent)

The Toyota coolant is designed to last for a good long time (think the older green stuff was 45,000 and the newer pink stuff is 60,000 but that's from memory) and also prevent corrosion of components in contact with the coolant system.

Choice is yours if you want to go with the stuff that Toyota recommend and has been tested and approved or go for a cheaper generic Anti-freeze. Using this won't actually mean it will go wrong but if you then had a fault that could be attributed to it you wouldn't have any comeback to the dealer. Also as I say the Toyota stuff is meant to last for ages so a cheaper alternative might be more expensive in the long term if it doesn't last as long

IMHO - I would stick with the Toyota Forlife coolant - should be changed at 60,000 miles and the good thing is that it has a built in Acidity detector - turns yellow when it detects combustion gases in the cooling system - Early Warning System.

The Forlife is premixed and you should only top up with Forlife,never tap water as this dilutes it.

Costs a lot more than normal anti-freeze/water mix but if your putting normal tap water in your cooling system,it's going to corrode internally sooner or later - I've seen loads of water pumps with rotted Impellers when run on normal Anti Freeze.

:thumbsup:

IMHO - I would stick with the Toyota Forlife coolant - should be changed at 60,000 miles and the good thing is that it has a built in Acidity detector - turns yellow when it detects combustion gases in the cooling system - Early Warning System.

The Forlife is premixed and you should only top up with Forlife,never tap water as this dilutes it.

Costs a lot more than normal anti-freeze/water mix but if your putting normal tap water in your cooling system,it's going to corrode internally sooner or later - I've seen loads of water pumps with rotted Impellers when run on normal Anti Freeze.

Thanks for that. I am determined to look after this engine, and thought that I would have to get distilled water to add with the pink stuff, so good news to find it's pre-mixed. The tank is down to about half, but I am worried about a big cold snap. Would you all recommned a top up now?

Bluefly - you can check the strength/gravity of it with a normal Anti-freeze tester,check it in the rad.if possible(engine cold) and then top up the rad/expansion bottle as necc.

As you say - Winters on its way - I have already done an oil+filter change,checked and adjusted the rear brakes and had the front pads out and copperslipped them and checked the cooling system - Pre Winter Service.

Dont intend to crawl under my Corolla during the Winter ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Red 4life - jap built vehicals

Green 4life - uk built vehicals

Pink 4life -100.000 miles

What about French built vehicles?

Well,it be green 4life unless its 2004 ish onwards,then it'd be pink !

Okey doke.

Mine's a 2004 model.

Cheers. ;)

fing to do is open the hood and have a look,the expansion tank is clear so u can c what colour fluid it has...its either green or the new 100,000 mile pink stuff..

Who decided on pink??? some chic id expect!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links