Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 7age

european_bob

Been told by a guy its possible to strap a 7afe bottom end to the 4age head.

Anyone done this or know anyone that has done it??

Intrested in what beniefits your get from this?

1800cc gti.... Ooooh sound fun.

Been told by a guy its possible to strap a 7afe bottom end to the 4age head.

Anyone done this or know anyone that has done it??

Intrested in what beniefits your get from this?

1800cc gti.... Ooooh sound fun.

Think this is what OriRacer is currently doing...

might be worth asking him :thumbsup:

7AGE Conversion

with this link and a few other bits of info. you should learn all you need to know about the conversion.

I am currently building one of these engines so in a month or so i'll be able to give you the full low down on how I got on.

But your shopping list should be.

1x 4AGE engine complete in gearbox, loom, ecu etc

1x 7AFE bottom end (if you are going to do this conversion I might have a 7afe engine for sale in a month or so)

1x Timing Belt from a porsche 924

Then just do a stright swap of the heads and fit the loom, ecu then the 924 timing belt. Job done :thumbsup:

If only it were that easy :lol:

You will be best to do a FULL engine rebuild, you see the bottom end of the 7afe has weaknesses you should really address.

Con Rods and crank shaft need balanced and strengthened since you have that nice powerfull twin cam head on her. Now since these engines are going to have a miles on them I would replace the valve seals on the head as well as cleaning everything back to new.

I terms of power i'm hopeing around the 150bhp mark I think this sounds realistic, but from what I've read the biggist gain will be in tourqe. :o

7AGE Conversion

with this link and a few other bits of info. you should learn all you need to know about the conversion.

I am currently building one of these engines so in a month or so i'll be able to give you the full low down on how I got on.

But your shopping list should be.

1x 4AGE engine complete in gearbox, loom, ecu etc

1x 7AFE bottom end (if you are going to do this conversion I might have a 7afe engine for sale in a month or so)

1x Timing Belt from a porsche 924

Then just do a stright swap of the heads and fit the loom, ecu then the 924 timing belt. Job done  :thumbsup:

If only it were that easy  :lol:

You will be best to do a FULL engine rebuild, you see the bottom end of the 7afe has weaknesses you should really address.

Con Rods and crank shaft need balanced and strengthened since you have that nice powerfull twin cam head on her. Now since these engines are going to have a miles on them I would replace the valve seals on the head as well as cleaning everything back to new.

I terms of power i'm hopeing around the 150bhp mark I think this sounds realistic, but from what I've read the biggist gain will be in  tourqe.  :o

top bombin' ar kid. . .

10.0 10.0 9.6 10.0 9.8 :D :D :D

7AGE Conversion

I terms of power i'm hopeing around the 150bhp mark I think this sounds realistic, but from what I've read the biggist gain will be in  tourqe.  :o

Hmm :bookworm:

something else to consider for mine :yes:

Hi

Sounds good with a full rebuild and stronger internals maybe forced induction could be on the cards?

I would rather put in a 4A-GZE IMHO

Cheers

couldn't you stick the charger from a 4AGZE onto a 7AGE?  :unsure:

Yes you can and I almost had one from eBay.com for about £70 but I missed the end of the auction :crybaby:

i have recently built two - im very happy with the results the write up is here

7AGE write upage

any questions just ask :thumbsup:

you get loads more torque and if you change the pistons loads more power, just as reliable just as revy :thumbsup:

7AGE write upage

you get loads more torque and if you change the pistons loads more power, just as reliable just as revy :thumbsup:

this is just the kind of information I like to see flowing in the fourms, always nice to see people putting in rather than just asking questions.

I've got 020 over sized domed pistons to go backing to the engine :drool: should put the power up a little ;) I also bought some quad throttle bodys off the 20v 4age from eBay but I don't know if there going to turn up :s

The only questions I seam to have left are about the head it's self i've read lots and was just wondering if any knows about changing the valve shims on the 4age head for yaris 1.0l ones ??

4age Valves

7AGE write upage

Really good write up! :thumbsup:

Makes it sound so simple :lol:

So would you say its worth the money for the increase in power/torque?

Mike

ori racer - the yaris 1l shims go straight on but only have a use if you are using cams with very large lift (the shim under bucket stops your shims being spat out)

other wise they have no advantage and will just cost a lot!

good luck with your plans will be awsome when finished - which managment are you considering?

jones definatly worth the money for cars that come with 4AGE not for your GXI tho as you would need to change your wiring loom and ECU which for so much work is not worth the gain in power (you would be much beter off in that case with a GZE conversion)

jones definatly worth the money  for cars that come with 4AGE not for your GXI tho as you would need to change your wiring loom and ECU which for so much work is not worth the gain in power (you would be much beter off in that case with a GZE conversion)

ahh rite, ok, cheers :thumbsup:

will have to think of something else :D

good luck with your plans will be awsome when finished - which managment are you considering?

I would love to get me hands on a motec for the engine but for just not i'll just have to stick with the 4age ecu, as funds will not stretch to a motec just now.

Hey Oriracer,I was just wondering y it is that u say to use a 924 cambelt? Do u know how many teeth that belt has and if u use 4a sproket or the 7a?also which tensioner do u use?

I work for a local Toyota dealer and as i goes.. I have access to many parts,just need to know which ones... :ffs: :ffs: so if i need,well have too il plonk my fat ***** down and count the teeth on the whole stock of cambelts we keep..

Its not actually been done on my car as of yet but one of the techs in the workshop... See how his goes first :D

many thanks BoB

oriracer - standard managment will never run throttle bodies no mater what you do, might as well build the engine, run it with standard induction and wait for angleworks to finnish their VEMS unit to run ITBs on 4AGE :thumbsup:

try using 4AGE pink injectors (from late ae92 4ages) these flow 200cc per min and are low impedance so all you have to fit are the plugs give you a nice little extra push for cheap

oriracer - standard managment will never run throttle bodies no mater what you do, might as well build the engine, run it with standard induction and wait for angleworks to finnish their VEMS unit to run ITBs on 4AGE :thumbsup:

try using 4AGE pink injectors (from late ae92 4ages) these flow 200cc per min and are low impedance so all you have to fit are the plugs give you a nice little extra push for cheap

Thanks dude, me and my brother (who is a qualified parts man with toyota in perth) have been wondering whether these

A> would fit without any mods to the 4age head. He seams to think you just need the 20v inlet gasket and it would all fit. But he cant just order part to 'see' if they fit :(

B> would the 4age ecu run them.

C> I have doubt weather they will ever get here from the US. Since the seller aint returning any of my emails.

As for the injector humm somthing... to think about i'll get the stright swap done then look at all the other options. But nice big injectors and a turbo sound like good ideas to me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As for european_bob's question about the timing belt. Its well documented that these belts fit so no need to go counting teeth dude :thumbsup:

oh and P.S.

not trying too seam a bit nOOb *rollaboy, itbs stands for ??

Just spoken to porsche about the required cambelt.Which one do i need??

The 924 had 2 engines fitted in them ! ! ! There was the one with the porsche engine,924s and one fitted with the veedub transporter engine in...

Anyone know??

Thanks Again..

BoB

Just spoken to porsche about the required cambelt.Which one do i need??

The 924 had 2 engines fitted in them ! ! !  There was the one with the porsche engine,924s and one fitted with the veedub transporter engine in...

Anyone know??

Thanks Again..

BoB

check my write up a few posts up it says the exact one you need - no doubt some toyota one will fit (i think it is two teeth longer)

Timing belt (Porsche 944 1986) there are two belts listed the one required is the timing belt not the countershaft belt

this should help :thumbsup:

hello ori racer i retained the standard 7AFE pistons, i changed nothing on the bottom end just bolted it to the head, i worked out the compression is very low like this around 8.5:1 so using 4AGE pistons will give you a power increase!

hello ori racer i retained the standard 7AFE pistons, i changed nothing on the bottom end just bolted it to the head, i worked out the compression is very low like this around 8.5:1 so using 4AGE pistons will give you a power increase!

got all your bolts and bearings today ori hurry up and get that engine out oh crail on sunday if you want to see what the standard 1/4 mile is

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links