Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Service

jf2404

Second year service due on my 1.3 T3 Yaris in November.

I've heard it costs more than the first year (first year was £109), and it lasts longer also.

Do they do a proper service this time ? compared to the basic checks on the first service.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gnome

• jf2404

• earpl

• DaveSR

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, proper service this time round, I'd get saving mate! :(

Yeah, i thought so.

If their gonna do it, they might aswell do it fully.

I have a dent on the disc where the brakes clip onto (building brick in the road that was unavoidable), do you think they will notice it or should i point it out ?.

It's an oil and filter change, with inspection. That's it.

I got mine done at an independant garage. Use Toyota parts and get the book stamped, and the warranty isn't void.

Cost me £63 compared to the quote of £170 I received from a Toyota garage (That was the cheapest out of 5 Toyota garages).

wont get me going to toyota, not gona be ripped off!

It's the only place i know.

I'm not into fixing them and have no clue about the parts so they probably would rip me off more than usual.

Where else could i go in the teesside area ?.

Look in your owners manual in the service book.

the only definate parts to be replaced are oil and oil filter.

Everything else is inspected at 20K.

A decent garage can do the oil/ filter change, and inspection for you.

See if anyone on here knows a decent garage in your area. I travelled 30 miles for my service, cause I saved £100! ;)

See if anyone on here knows a decent garage in your area. I travelled 30 miles for my service, cause I saved £100! ;)

This is my second year service, 22k i think i'm @ now.

I should have took it in at 20k but i'll take it in on it's yearly date.

So there will be more to change won't there ?.

No.

I had this service only 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I took it to a chap who was recommended by someone on here and a few peeps from the MR2 owners club. Did a good job too.

toyota quoted me £300.00 for a 50000 miles service.

I thought I'm not paying that. I did a search on the internet and found a few places.

In the end I took it to a place in london about an 120 mile round trip.

They charged me £120.00

now thats a big saving.

Just a note: When I was quoted £120.00 from the other garage, I phoned Toyota and asked why the big differance, they dropped the price to £200.

I laughed.

Should've rung that chap in Northampton Lenry. Bet he would've been a good price. What did the 50K include?

just go to a trusted car garage who can get the toyota parts, there is usually a couple within a 10mile radius of ur house

So am i looking for an approved Toyota garage ?

Or just a garage which can get Toyota parts ?.

Will it effect anything if i don't goto Toyota direct ?.

You can go to any garage you choose.

Just make sure that anything that is replaced/ needs replacing is done so with Toyota parts.

It won't affect your warranty, as long as Toyota parts are used.

You can go to any garage you choose.

Just make sure that anything that is replaced/ needs replacing is done so with Toyota parts.

It won't affect your warranty, as long as Toyota parts are used.

I've just rang my Toyota dealer and a 20,000 mile service is £196 and then anything extra on top that needs doing.

That isn't too bad is it ?. Considering my first service was £109.

I got quoted £170. Where abouts are you?

Mine ranged form £170 - £220!

Ask them for a breakdown of what they will actually do as well. You'll probably find a hefty chunk of that quote is labour.

Considering your first service was £109, and my second was only £70, I'd still say the 1st service was expensive, let alone the 2nd service! Like jay though, I won't use the Toyota garage unless it's warranty related - they're just too expensive, for what is frankly, an oil and filter change. :rolleyes:

I got quoted £170. Where abouts are you?

Mine ranged form £170 - £220!

Ask them for a breakdown of what they will actually do as well. You'll probably find a hefty chunk of that quote is labour.

Considering your first service was £109, and my second was only £70, I'd still say the 1st service was expensive, let alone the 2nd service! Like jay though, I won't use the Toyota garage unless it's warranty related - they're just too expensive, for what is frankly, an oil and filter change. :rolleyes:

Teesside (Stockton/Yarm)

I'll see what they have to say.

Thanks for all the advice.

Should've rung that chap in Northampton Lenry. Bet he would've been a good price. What did the 50K include?

could you PM me his details, as I'm thinking of getting the dent removed from the rear of the car plus new rear bumper,

Cheers

could you PM me his details, as I'm thinking of getting the dent removed from the rear of the car plus new rear bumper,

Cheers

You could PM me his details too John cause my 1st service is in December and if I dont get a decent price from F&C, I'm gonna go elsewhere! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first service at Mr T's and it cost me around £94. Not entirely sure what they did, but someone is sure making money out of it!

At least there were some lovely young ladies to look at whilst I was waiting :)

Do Toyota know what they are doing?

I got my 2nd year service done in April 2005, they have just sent me a letter that my care needs to be serviced again

I had this service only 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I took it to a chap who was recommended by someone on here and a few peeps from the MR2 owners club. Did a good job too.

Gnome... your car is a 2004 model, so surely you've only had the first year service, which is just oil and filter and inspection... the second year service is much greater... it includes a lot more and therefore costs more!

JF2404.... although it is a rip-off compared to other independent garages... when you come to sell your car, if in the service book you don't have full main dealer stamps for the first three years then potential buyers may be put off.

Obviously, somebody who has more of a knowledge of cars and the servicing lark won't care as they'll know you paid less and probably got a better job done, but average Joe motorist won't have a clue, so your re-sale value and potential for an easy sale will be reduced.

My second service cost £190 and I have to say that Mr.T did a very good job on that one... the 3rd year was appaling... but that's due to the take-over of my dealership by Benfield and they are total and utter crap!

My car is onyl a year old, yes, but it has over 20K on the clock already, so it's had a 10K and 20K service. ;)

If you look in the manual, it's a 2 year, or 20K service. Your service should be either every 10K or 1 year, which ever comes first. ;)

Looking down the list in mine, in the manual the Full service is:

Replace Oil and filter. That's it.

The rest fall unders inspection, which include:

Inspect Engine coolant, air filter, spark plugs, cooling & heating system hoses and connections, air con filter, fuel tank, lines, connections and veypour control, body inspection, brakes, clutch, power steering, suspension, tyres, wheels, fluids, etc....

Then you've got other changes at the next 2 services, as outlined in your manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links