Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help, I Need A Replacement Fob

dennisobel

Hi all,

I posted on the general forum without realising that there was a Rav4 forum, so if you're already read my message then sorry if I'm repeating myself..

Anyway, I recently bought a great little p reg (1996?) 3 door rav4.. Only problem is, it just came with one keyless remote fob. I really would like to get hold of a spare just in case I loose my original, so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where I might be able to get hold of one at a reasonable price.. I've heard buying from a Toyota dealer would be extortunate?? Anyway, the part number on my original fob is: 08191-00880. If it is possible to get hold of a replacement, is there anyone out there who can let me know how you program a replacement fob to work with my rav?

Cheers a lot.. dennisobel

Anyway, the part number on my original fob is: 08191-00880. If it is possible to get hold of a replacement, is there anyone out there who can let me know how you program a replacement fob to work with my rav?

Get one from a scrappers and reprogramme it to your machine.

Can't remember exactly what the instructions are but contact "dnylrq" on Rav4World.com for instructions. See here:

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1294

HJ

• 1 month later...

Hi

Happy New Year to you all! :group-cuddles:

I've just got a spare fob from eBay. I've tried programming it to my Rav as suggested but it doesn't seem to work. :unsure:

Part No 08191-00880

RTT/D/X1123

Can anyone help me at all?

Thanks

:thumbsup:

If you've got a 1998 model, then you most likely have the TVSS IIIB system like mine. This has a seperate fob with two buttons, one with arrows pointing together (lock) and one with the pointing apart.

If you require a manual for the alarm, i'll email it to you if you PM me your email addy. You need to find the alarm box to press a button on it.

Hi, I'm in the same boat... I bought a fob on eBay a month or so back, but wasn't able to get it going. My Rav is a P reg 1996 model. The part number for the fob is 08191-00880, RTT/D/X1123. It black, with two buttons, one on top of the other, on the left side of the front face of the fob.

Can you suggest any methods of reprogramming to work with my car? I have got a fob that came with the car and that works fine. I just want a spare incase I misplace my original..:)

Same goes to you dennisobel, and anyone else in fact! PM me your e-mail address and I can email you the instructions for the TVSS 3 alarm system and remote interface.

• 2 months later...

Could somebody please send me the programming instructions for my Rav4, TVSS IIIB alarm.

It became disabled when i changed the main Battery.

Many Thanks

Darren

• 1 year later...

If you've got a 1998 model, then you most likely have the TVSS IIIB system like mine. This has a seperate fob with two buttons, one with arrows pointing together (lock) and one with the pointing apart.

If you require a manual for the alarm, i'll email it to you if you PM me your email addy. You need to find the alarm box to press a button on it.

could you also send me these details?

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi. Seems like Stuart no longer frequents TOC but if anyone else has these instructions I'd appreciate a copy thanks :)

shamblesx(at)gmail.com

Thanks

• 1 year later...

found this from karlb on RAV4world forum - worked like a dream:-

'So, to register my keyfob I simply did this:

1. Unlocked the car normally (using the key)

2. Sat in the car

3. Left it unlocked

4. Held down the lock button until the LED on the keyfob started flashing...

5. I then pressed the unlock button once (or it could have been the lock button, or I pressed the unlock button whilst I was holding the lock button).

Basically though, as soon as you have that LED flashing, your pretty much rocking then...

You will find out if its done it right as your car will lock.

Hope this helps you guys n gals

Karl'

....................... so now you all know

• 4 months later...

sjrainsford i know its been years since u last posted but could u plz send me a manual for the alarm plz my email is azza-2k8@hotmail.co.uk

Hi all,

I posted on the general forum without realising that there was a Rav4 forum, so if you're already read my message then sorry if I'm repeating myself..

Anyway, I recently bought a great little p reg (1996?) 3 door rav4.. Only problem is, it just came with one keyless remote fob. I really would like to get hold of a spare just in case I loose my original, so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where I might be able to get hold of one at a reasonable price.. I've heard buying from a Toyota dealer would be extortunate?? Anyway, the part number on my original fob is: 08191-00880. If it is possible to get hold of a replacement, is there anyone out there who can let me know how you program a replacement fob to work with my rav?

Cheers a lot.. dennisobel

Good Advice is I was working in Essex when I lost my fob/key the main dealers were as normal ripping me off with a price so I posted on here and a bloke from Shoeburyness Essex was recommended he came to me and was excellent half the main dealers price BUT I cannot remember who he was someone might help as to who he was, however DO NOT PAY THE MAIN DEALERS PRICE they Lookers were really unhelpful, a 'Go away if you do not like it' this is despite buying 10 new Toyota's over ten years.

I have search Shoeburyness on the search engine and the person I used was Jason at JS Auto's 01702 316137 and 07779 799027 he was excellent.

if you need help with your fob reprogramming for tvssiiib let me know. its simple and free

Hi could do with the details for fob reprogramming please..have a 1997 Rav4GX.... e mail is fox1@mail.com ....many thanks for any help given guys :)

• 1 month later...

pm sent

Dear mrbilly, if its not too much trouble, I would be very grateful for the instructions to reprogramme a new key fob for a 1997 rav4 as well. The remote part no' is 08191-00880 D/X1123. My email is spacekevin@yahoo.co.uk. Many thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links