Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 98

nicksSR

I want to superchip my 1998 4afe corolla? has any one done this and does it make a difference? also places to buy this and prices.

I think combined with the exhaust he had and airfilter it was not worth while.

Have a look at his site www.ae111sr.co.uk I think there is a write up on there about it.

Dont bother getting one mate :(

Exhuast, Air Filter thats about it dude :crybaby: There is some talk about a turbo kit for the 4afe I know that a guy in germany has managed to do it, But I dont know what kit he used :huh:

If you want more power buy another car :( :(

Yep Knowlson's right - I had one on my Corolla. With this particular Toyota ECU the Superchip can only control the ignition timing, it cannot do anything with fuelling. At about 3000rpm it advances timing by a couple of degrees and the same again at about 4500rpm. You could feel the difference when it happened but I didn't put it on a dyno to check what the bhp gain was. Together with a filter and back box I would quess the increase was less than 10bhp.

As Knowlson says, if you want serious power then change your car or change your engine. If, like me, your car suits you fine (for me the car is small, reliable, in decent condition and I live in a city and have no neeed for big bhp) then you can do a couple of things. A cat back exhaust(de-cat too if you want), induction kit/filter and chip can be fitted. If you do look at getting a chip then I would say that the dastek unichip would be a better bet. I'm not an expert but by all accounts you should break 120bhp at the flywheel with those fitted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links